chapter fourty six.

Noah came back into his office, "We got an APB out on Lydia's car. Every unit on the road is looking for her." "Isn't there anything else that we could do?" Scott asked. "At this hour? No, not really," Noah replied. "He took her for a reason, Dad. Look, If we can figure out the why, then we'll figure out the where," Stiles said. "Okay," Noah looked behind him then asked in a low voice, "What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?" "I don't know, Lydia's pretty good at finding dead bodies. Maybe he needs to find a body?" Stiles suggested. "Scott, you know more about this than all of us," Ella said, Noah nodding along. "Me?" Scott turned to his girlfriend.

"You said you got the whole story from Noshiko?" Noah added. "Yeah, but that happened during World War II. Like 70 years ago," Scott said. "Wait. What did you say?" Stiles asked. "Noshiko told me about the internment camp–" "No, before that. You said, the whole story," Stiles cut Scott off. "Yeah. What is it?" Scott asked, Stiles staying silent for a couple of seconds. "There's a girl at Eichen House. Her name's Meredith. I think she might be able to help," Stiles said. Ella nodded and pushed herself off the desk and walked to Parrish's desk, "Hey, Parrish, Uh, my dad— well all of us— need you to make a call to Eichen House? Ask for a girl named Meredith." Parrish nodded and called up the mental hospital, staying on the phone for a couple of minutes before nodding and hanging up the phone.

Ella licked her lips and followed Parrish into her dad's office. "Sheriff, Meredith Walker," Parrish told Noah. "She's still there?" Noah asked. "Yeah, but they moved her to the Closed Unit," Parrish informed. "Why?" Stiles asked. Parrish shrugged, "They said behavioral issues."

"What issues?" Stiles asked. "She wouldn't stop screaming," Parrish replied with his eyebrows drawn together.

Scott and Ella sat at the kitchen table, Ella picking at the breakfast plate she had gotten from McDonald's. "Why aren't you eating?" Scott asked, looking up at his girlfriend. Ella looked at Scott, shaking her head and trying to laugh, "Loss of appetite?" Scott shook his head, "What's wrong, Daniella?" Ella licked her bottom lip and furrowed her brows, "I don't know how to tell if this is my actual life? My brother was possessed by some evil spirit that really is only supposed to live in mythology and not be an actual thing? And these demonic warriors come out at night to either kill or attack us and the spirit just lets out flies to go into my best of friends to possess them and make them almost kill my other friends. Like Isaac, Ethan, Aiden; they almost not only killed each other, but Allison and Kira. Do you know what would happen if I lost either of them? Allison? Kira? Isaac? Ethan? Aiden? Derek almost burned Argent alive. Alive, Scott. What would happen if I lost Derek? Or Argent who protects us all and treats me as his own? I'm only sixteen years old and I'm going through things that aren't even supposed to be real! But just my luck, right? With my luck my friends have been put through hell. My life is hell, Scott!" Ella stood up, slamming the table with her hands, "My life is a living hell that I cannot get out of! I'm just waiting for the fucking devil to come out and then it would really be hell! My life is bursting out in flames and it just gets me so goddamn frustrated!"

"We're only teenagers! Why can't we be normal fucking kids that instead of saving lives we save our rest for after we go clubbing? Why don't we have fake ID's? Why haven't we ever been to a club? We can't even drink! You have this supernatural healing shit! And I? I don't even know what the fuck I am, to be honest! Like, what the hell is a protecter? Honestly! And you want to know something, Scott? My life, as if it wasn't all ready bad enough without my mother, is making me want to kill myself. Hang, shoot, cut, I don't care. But sometimes I'm at the brink of putting a bullet through my head," Ella finished, panting heavily as rapid tears came from her eyes.