chapter seventy seven.

Ella tightened her ponytail, some hair falling to frame her face. She took off her sweatshirt, leaving her in her sports bra and muscle tank. Hayden and Ella High-fived each other before walking to the line of soccer balls. They smirked at one another then each shot a ball, both balls going into the goal. "Yeah, Ella!" Ella turned her head to see Brett sitting beside Mason on the bleachers and cheering me on. I smiled then turned back to the balls. "Who's that cutie?" Hayden asked with raised brows. I Ella rolled her eyes, "His name is Brett and he has a crush on me." "Aren't you with Scott?" Hayden asked with a smirk. Ella smiled, her cheeks flushing at the sound of her boyfriend's name, "Yeah."

"Awe," Hayden gushed at her before she turned to glare at Liam who was staring at them. Liam saw them staring at him and he turned, shooting a ball that landed way out of range. Ella snorted, turning around and watching Hayden make a goal. Ella high-fived her, "Yeah!" Liam made a face and grabbed another ball, this time focusing more and shooting it into the net. He turned and smirked at them. Ella raised her brows as she took a step back, what's going on with these two? Hayden made a face at Liam then turned and made a goal before turning and smirking at him. They went back and forth again and again until Liam shot a ball a bit too hard and made the goalie fall back into the net. Ella's eyes widened as Liam shouted an apology to the goalie and went to help him. "What's with you two?" Ella asked with raised brows, juggling a soccer ball. "Nothing," Hayden said. Ella nodded sarcastically, "Nothing is always something."

A boy was then rushing across the field, "Does anyone here have asthma? Does anyone have an inhaler?" Ella's eyes widened and she dropped the ball, "Scott." Ella and Liam shared a panicked look before both booting into the school and into the boys's locker room, finding Scott's inhaler in his gym bag. The boy who had went to find someone with asthma lead them into the room Scott was in. "We got it!" Liam shouted breathlessly, "We got the inhaler!" Ella slid to the floor to the left of Scott whilst Liam went to his right, Ella placing the inhaler in Scott's hands and slapping his cheeks lightly. "Scott? Scott, come on babe," Ella said, still slapping his cheeks. Scott's hand didn't move and his breathing stayed ragged. They tried calling his name a couple more times before Liam glowed his eyes and lowly growled Scott's name.

Liam's growl caused Scott to snap out of whatever trance he was in and make his take big gulps of air before realizing what was happening and shaking the inhaler and breathing it in. Scott relaxed, resting his head on Ella's shoulder, "Thanks."

Scott and Ella sat on a bench in the locker room. Scott hadn't been speaking and it worried Ella, but she also thought that maybe he wanted silence so she gave him silence. Theo then walked in, "You okay?" Scott looked at him and nodded, "Yeah. Um I think it was just the memory hitting me. Psychosomatic thing. Did you want to talk about something?" "No. It can wait," Theo said and walked over to his locker to take out his backpack. Ella furrowed her brows, "No, no, it's okay. What's up?" "Last night, you guys all fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard something from Kira. She was sleeping, but I heard her speaking Japanese. And I didn't just hear it," he said, holding up his phone and playing a recording of Kira speaking Japanese.

"That is. . That's what she said at the club," Scott told Theo. "I found a website that can translate it. It means, Roughly, I'm the messenger of death," Theo informed them, causing Ella's jaw to drop lightly. "Does it get worse?" Ella asked, rubbing her temples. "Ugh, Yeah she's got this aura all around her, It's hard to explain, Well I guess it's supposed to be part of her. But now it looks Differently. Almost like it's taking over. I don't know. Something's happening," Scott said. Ella licked her lips, "Can I be honest?" The boys turned her way. "I've noticed that her golden aura has gotten, not only brighter, but larger, too. And to be honest. . I don't know if we could trust her anymore." Theo and Scott got to their feet as the lights flickered, hearing something Ella couldn't.

"I heard it," Theo breathed out as he turned to look at Scott. "What?" Ella asked, looking between them. "I hear it, too. It's coming from the basement," Scott said, taking Ella's hand and walking out of the locker room. They lead Theo into the basement. "This definitely isn't Kira," Ella said, shaking her head at the sight of a bundle of wires that had been ripped out, making it spark. "It's a Chimera."

"You guys try to find Stiles and Lydia. I'm gonna find my mom," Scott said, kissing Ella's forehead softly before leaving. Ella, Malia, and Theo then began to run down the hall before Malia stopped, "You Guys go ahead, I'll check here." The two nodded then continued down the hall until Ella came to a stop. "You check down there and ima check the roof," Ella directed, Theo nodding and kissing her cheek before walking away. Ella rolled her eyes at his action then walked up to the roof. When she walked through the door, it was like she was stepping into a dream. She saw Stiles who immediately turned to her, latching his hand around her wrist and pulling her into a hug. "Stiles, what's going on?" Ella asked. Stiles shook his head, "I - I don't know." The two pulled away and looked forward, seeing their father and. . their mother standing at the ledge.

Claudia was breathing heavy. "Claudia. What are you doing up there?" Noah asked her. "I couldn't stand to be in that room anymore. Not with them looking at me like that," Claudia said. The twins looked at one another, scared. "Claudia -" "They're trying to hurt me. I don't care if you don't believe me, but they are. They're trying to kill me," Claudia said, Scott and Ella tearing up. "No. That's not true. Come on down. Come here," Noah helped her off and brought her into his arms, "You have to remind yourself. It's the disease. Remember what the dementia does? It gives you delusions. It makes you think that people are out to get you -" "You don't see the way they look at me," Claudia shook her head. "Claudia, they're 10 years old," Noah reminded his wife. "They're trying to kill me," Claudia said, looking at the twins. Stiles wiped at the bottom of his nose as they both looked down, seeing shadows of their younger selves.

They looked back up at their mother shouting. "Stop it. Stop looking at me like that. Stop it! Stop looking at me!" Their mom made them fall to the ground, clawing at them. "Mom - What are you do -" Stiles cut off. "Mom!" Ella cried, trying to protect herself as the vision of her mother. . slowly turned into the sight of a teenage boy with the teeth of a wendigo. The twins rolled out of the boy's grip, Ella being too weak to use her protective powers. The wendigo cornered them, clawing at them until Theo came and grabbed the guy's arm and throwing him off of the twins. Ella and Stiles turned to one another, helping each other onto their feet. "Are you okay?" Ella asked. "I'm okay, are you?" Stiles asked. "As okay as I can be," Ella answered before they turned just in Time to see Theo slash the guy's throat.

Ella's eyes widened as she let out a gasp, watching the blood spill from the guy's throat and mouth, blood dripping down from Theo's hand. "Stiles, Ella, you can't say anything. Please, don't say anything," Theo pleaded. "Why not?" Stiles asked. "Because I never said anything about Donovan."