chapter seventy three.

Ella smiled at her test, having gotten a 98. She felt proud of herself then looked over at Scott to see Mrs Finch handing him his test. "Nice to see where your priorities are, Scott," Mrs Finch complimented, handing him his test that had an 86 written above in a circle, "Since you have such a good grasp of the subject, how about you lead us in a review of last night's reading." Scott looked up from his test to look at Mrs Finch, "Uh. . Sure." He opened his book and began to flip through the page then looked to the side. "Scott?" Mrs Finch asked. Ella followed his gaze to see Liam at the doorway, gesturing for them to leave with him.

"Sorry, just looking for the page," he apologizes, continuing to flip through the pages. "Scott?" "Yeah, one sec. Sorry," Scott apologized, looking for the page that Mrs Finch wanted him to read for the class. "Scott. ." Mrs Finch trailed off. Scott rapped his ear twice, Liam going out of the doorway. Ella narrowed her eyes as she motioned for Liam to go to class, only for him to shake his head and his lips began to move. She mentally groaned as she looked down at the page. A couple minutes later the fire alarm rang throughout the classroom, causing Ella to cover her ears with her hands.

Everyone gathered their books and began to walk out of the classroom, Scott pulling Ella where Liam was. "Is it Tracy?" Ella asked the blue eyed boy. The boy nodded. Ella sighed and nodded, looking back at Scott, "I'll go find Lydia and Kira, yeah?" Scott nodded, placing his hands on her arms and kissing her forehead, "Be careful." "Always," she nodded before running through the doors that lead outside to find her friends. She looked around, catching a glance of Theo looking straight at her with his arms crossed over his chest and his chin held high. Ella tore her eyes away from the blonde and looked to find her friends. She finally found them, looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "Guys, Tracy's in history class. She's here and we need to go." Lydia nodded, "Let's go then." Ella nodded and lead her friends into the school and through the hall, catching sight of Liam, "Look, there's Liam. Liam!" Liam turned his head and rushed towards them. "They're taking her to the Animal Clinic?" Kira asked him. "Yeah, to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her," Liam nodded. Ella raised a brow, "What's wrong with her is that she killed two people. Her father and, according to Parrish, her psychiatrist." "Isn't there anyone else we can talk to? Does she still have her mom? Any family?" Kira asked.

"Alpha," Lydia muttered before looking up at them, "If she's a werewolf, she has an Alpha, right? Anyone know if a new one's moved into Beacon Hills?" Kira shook her head, "No, but there's an old one. One of the oldest. We know her." "And her pack," Liam nodded, hinting towards the blonde named Brett Talbot. Ella licked her lips before going to stand beside Liam and look at the girls, "Okay, I'll go with Liam to Devenford Prep and you guys go with Scott?" The girls nodded then turned and left.

Ella and Mason's eyes widened at the sight of a shirtless Brett playing lacrosse. She looked him up and down, her sight soon being blocked by black and she could no longer see. She groaned. "Scott told me to make sure you don't stare for too long," Liam defended, causing Ella to pry his hand off of her eyes. "I don't like anyone else but Scott so he has no reason to worry," she assured. "Tell that to Scott," Liam pointed. "So, he's a werewolf too?" Mason asked, ignoring the two's conversation. "Yup," Liam replied in a bitter tone. "This just gets better and better."

"Cute. Not as cute as Ella," Brett winked playfully at Ella before looking back at Liam, "But never seen her." "Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?" Liam questioned. "After the dead pool, Satomi's not exactly doing much recruiting," Brett stated. "That's how it works?" Mason asked, "Alpha werewolves just go around biting people?" Ella narrowed her eyes, "Mason. . this is why you're only part of the loser club." "Or you can be born, like me and my sister," Brett said, "Satomi took us in after our family died in a fire." "Hm. . Hale fire and Talbot Fire," Ella muttered to herself. "Guys, I think I just found something," Liam said, showing us his phone to show that he had zoomed in on Tracy's necklace.

"Sure you know where you're going?" Brett asked Liam as the four of us trudged through the woods. Ella thanked herself that she had wore boots. "I know where I am," Liam argued. "So do I," Brett said, "Middle of nowhere." Ella put a hand on Brett's shoulder, trying to be as tall as him, "You get taller every time I see you. . like Scott's dad." Brett smiled down at Ella, "You're just really short." "Am not," Ella said as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Are too," Brett teased. "Guys! Can we just focus on finding the necklace?" Liam asked the two. Ella narrowed her eyes at Liam, "I'm trying to argue that I'm not that short!" Liam stopped, "Ella, you're short." As Ella was about to speak again, a loud thud was heard which caused them to turn where Mason once stood. "Guys?" They heard Mason's voice ask. The three shared looks before turning and walking to a hole, seeing Mason rubbing his head, "I think I found it." "See the necklace?" Liam asked. "Are you okay?" Ella asked, her protective side showing. "No, I don't see it and yeah, I'm okay; thank you, Ella," Mason said as he stood up. Brett reached down and pulled Mason out of the whole. "Liam, I thought you said this was a sinkhole," Brett said.

"It's a hole. What's the difference?" Liam asked as everyone crouched down to mess around with the dirt, including Ella. "I mean, look at all these handprints and look at all this dirt. She didn't fall in here," Brett said. "She was buried," Ella finished off. "Intense," Mason stated, causing Ella to shake her head and laugh. "I don't think this is the one," Liam said, causing Brett to look at him in confusion, "What do you mean?" "It was closer to the bridge. Much closer," Liam informed him. Ella looked around, taking in her surroundings, "He's right. This is a different hole." "Then who crawled out of this one?"

Scott, Ella, and Liam rushed into the hospital. "Tracy was buried?" Scott asked. "In a hole. Buried alive. Crawled out. Then we found another hole," Liam explained. "Who was buried in that one?" Scott asked. "I don't know, but I think we're gonna want to find out," Liam said as they headed into the elevator to go to the floor the rest of their friends were on. When they had gotten to their friends, they heard Melissa say, "Theo, nice going on that tourniquet. You probably saved her life." Ella made eye contact with Theo and smiled softly, Theo returning the gesture. "All right. She's about to go into surgery. So it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?" Melissa asked. "It was the tail," Kira added. "Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail, if that makes a difference," Scott stated. "Okay," Melissa nodded. "But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others. The guys in the masks," Malia added. Melissa nodded, "Okay." She then walked off.

Ella looked at Theo and walked up to him, him having a shocked expression when he saw her walk up to him. "Follow me," Ella said, giving Scott a look that said 'don't worry.' Theo looked at everyone before following her into an empty room. Theo sat on the bed whilst Ella stayed standing, she hadn't spoken one word to Theo since he has arrived and so it was sort of hard to get a conversation going. "Okay, what's your deal?" Ella asked, "How come you just showed up out of no where saying that you want to be a part of this pack?" "Because I know I'm meant to be a part of this pack. Daniella, you're like the mom of the pack and I've heard a lot of stuff about you," Theo nodded. Ella chuckled, "All good things I hope." Theo stood up and placed a hand on Ella's arm, sending a shiver down her spine at how cold his hand was, "They were all good. . but they never mentioned how beautiful you are. It was all: Scott McCall's girlfriend, protecter, brave, And I never stopped hearing how protective you are of the pack which worried me. . I thought you would be more like Stiles."

Ella looked at Theo's hand, "Just because we're twins doesn't mean anything. He's much more cautious." She looked up to see Theo staring down at her lips. He moved his hand from her arm to her cheek, beginning to lean in. When they're lips were centimeters apart, Ella put her head down, "I'm sorry." She looked back up at Theo before turning and walking out of the room.