chapter twenty four.

"Okay, Scott, slow down!" Ella laughed as she jogged to keep up with Scott. Scott ran into the mall, "Come on, Ella! It just barely opened! We could be one of the first people in there!" Ella sighed as she ran up to Scott, taking a hold of his forearm, "I don't have supernatural speed at all times, Scotty." Scott nodded, "Forgot." "Mm hmm," Ella hummed before walking into the frozen yogurt shop that had barely been opened in the mall. Ella took off her jacket and wrapped it around her waist, leaving her in her gray tank top. Ella walked to the flavor section and grabbed a large cup after smiling and saying hello to one of the workers. Scott ran up and placed his hands on Ella's waist for a quick moment before pressing a kiss to her cheek then grabbing a large cup for himself.

Ella chose the cake batter flavor, dipping her finger in and licking it then pouring in more of the yogurt. Scott chose cookies 'n cream, following Ella to the toppings. Ella put Oreo crumbs, cookie dough pieces, m&m's, gummy worms, and Reese's before pouring on marshmallow cream and caramel syrup. Scott put Oreo crumbs, m&m's, and gummy worms then chocolate syrup, both teenagers putting on whipped cream to top off their yogurts. The two placed their cups on the metal scale, the worker giving them the price they needed to pay. Scott quickly got out a ten dollar bill and handed it to the girl, the girl giving him his change before Ella and Scott walked out of the store and into 'Books A Million.' "Ella, every time we come to the mall you come here. Do you really need to buy a book every single time?" Scott groaned, yet still followed her through the many shelves of books.

Ella didn't answer Scott, she only ran her fingers over the spines of the books that she passed. Ella stopped at the poetry section, looking at all the different covers and titles. She picked up the book, 'The Sun and her flowers.' She read through several poems, loving the art that was put underneath the poems. Ella's jaw dropped as she squealed on the inside, loving the poem she had read. "What?" Scott asked, sitting down on the floor below her. Ella looked down at Scott then looked back at the book in her hands, reading the poem aloud, "The universe took its time on you, crafted you to offer the world something different from everyone else. When you doubt how you were created, you doubt an energy greater than us both. Irreplaceable — Rupi Kaur. Isn't that beautiful?!"

Scott hummed as he ate another spoonful of his yogurt, nodding to a woman that passed by that gave him a confused expression. Ella continued to flip through the book, smiling at the poems she read. "Scott! Oh my god! Listen to this one. . are you listening?" Ella asked, looking down at the boy below her. Scott forced a smile and nodded, even if he was incredibly bored, he wouldn't disappoint Ella, "I'm listening, Daniella." Ella nodded, "Okay, listen. You ask if we can still be friends. I explain how a honeybee does not dream of kissing the mouth of a flower and then settle for its leaves. I don't need more friends. God, this book is so beautiful. I need it! I'm buying it!" Scott chuckled and began to stand up, but he then saw Ella had picked up another book, and he sat back down. A girl about Ella's age walked up to Ella, "Dragging along your boyfriend too?"

Ella turned to see the girl and a boy behind her as well, "Same as you?" "Yup," The girl laughed, "I'm Davina, and this is my boyfriend, Dallas." Ella smiled, "I'm Daniella, and down there is . . Scott." Dallas walked around Daniella and sat beside Scott, sighing, "I know your pain, brother, I feel it every weekend." Daniella and Davina laughed, the two turning around. "So, you're a poetry girl?" Davina asked, quirking an eyebrow up. Ella nodded, "I've just recently gotten into it, but yeah. Do you have any recommendations?" Davina nodded, picking the book, 'love her wild,' "This one will really make you cry."

Daniella laughed, taking the book from Davina and opening it to a page, reading the poem that was on it, "We humans are so tortured by not properly guessing what will make us happy. Oh my god, I need this one too." Scott raised his brows and laid his head against the shelf, him and Dallas laughing together as they started a conversation. Daniella and Davina began to talk about books then exchanged numbers before Daniella said goodbye, taking Scott's hand and leading him to the cashier where she quickly paid for her books then headed out of the store. "Where to next?" Ella asked, swinging hers and Scott's hands. The store 'Build A Bear workshop' came into Scott's view, a smile making its way onto his face. The two threw away their empty cups before walking in, Scott telling Ella to pick a bear out.