chapter fourty three.

Blue eyes illuminated the school's hallway, the hallway lights off due to it being a Saturday. Behind the brunette, void!Stiles walked slowly, dark!Ella leading him to Mr. Yukimura's classroom. "Coming in on a Saturday," void!Stiles said, "That's dedication. Where's she hiding them?" "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about," Mr. Yukimura played innocent. Dark!Ella stood off to the side, arms crossed atop of her chest. Her eyes never stopped glowing. "Her little knives," void!Stiles said as he looked at a book then threw it out of the shelf, "Daggers. I know what they are. Physical representation of her tails. However the hell that works." "Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it," Ken said as void!Stiles made his way over to him, "I can direct you to the section on Japanese myth in the library."

"No. No, I'd like to talk to you. The older the tail, the stronger the oni. Am I right? I know there's one left. I know it's the strongest," void!Stiles said. "Unfortunately, I don't know what you're referring to," Ken denied. "You'll talk," void!Stiles shook his head, lifting up a book on Ken's desk, a fly getting out and flying into Ken's mouth, "They always talk."

After the scene at the school, void!Stiles released Ella just as Kira had called her for her and Scott to go to her house. And so, Ella headed home and dressed in black leggings and a red jumper then waited for Scott to pick her up. Scott picked her up then they headed out to Kira's. They sat on her bed, Scott giving Kira a picture that Stiles had found This looks just like me. This has to be my grandmother," Kira said, giving the picture to Ella. "You remember we told you about Malia?" Ella asked, Kira nodded. "She's the last one who saw Stiles at Eichen House. This picture and this," Scott held up a sword bag, "They found it with a body buried in a wall. The same backwards five that the oni put on us was on the wall. It sounds like it all goes back to your family. Your grandmother, your mom."

Kira's phone buzzed, causing her to pick it up then look at the twin with a panicked expression. "What is it?" Scott asked. "My dad," Kira said.

The three ran into the school and into Ken's classroom, Noshiko immediately asking, "Kira, did you bring it?" Kira held out the small bottle, Noshiko taking it from her, "You going to tell me what it is?" "Reishi," Noshiko replied. "You're not seriously giving Dad magic mushrooms?" Kira asked. Noshiko handed Ken some of the mushroom and a napkin, Ken coughing up black blood into the napkin. "Are you okay?" Noshiko asked as they stood him up. "Stiles did this?" Scott asked. Ken glanced at Ella and questioned himself if he should tell Scott that she was apart of it too, but Ella didn't remember anything when she was dark!Ella. Instead, Ken nodded. "He wanted the last kaiken," Noshiko said as she held up a dagger, "I've kept this near me ever since your friend disappeared." "Mom, you need to talk to us, about everything," Kira said, Ella taking the picture out of her pocket and giving it to Noshiko. "Where did you get this?" Noshiko asked. "Is it Grandma?" Kira asked.

"No," Noshiko said, looking up at her daughter, "It's me." "If that's you, then you'd have to be like 90 years old," Ella said in disbelief. "Closer to 900," Noshiko nodded. "Okay, sure," Kira nodded, "Why not? Dad, how old are you?" "43," Ken answered, "But I've been told I look mid-30s." Ella let out a light laugh. Kira handed her mother the sword. "The blade was shattered the last time it was used," Noshiko said after taking out the handle and watching the rest of the blade come out in pieces. "When was that?" Kira asked. "1943," Noshiko nodded, "Against a nogitsune." "All this, it's all happened before, hasn't it?" Scott asked. "Yes. Except for the dark protector," Noshiko looked at Ella. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," Ken said. "Where did it come from?" Kira asked.