chapter sixty.

"Is three enough?" Kira asked, referring to the three laptops that were laid on the table in front of them. "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so," Stiles replied. "Are we really doing this?" Liam asked. "We're doing it. Tonight," Scott answered Liam. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked. "It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic," Stiles said. "Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asked. "Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles asked. "I think it's a yes to both," Kira said. Ella looked at the worried beta and made him look at her, "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." "I'm not scared," Liam said. "Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles said, patting Liam's shoulder, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" "How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira asked.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," Scott answered. "Simon said the same thing," Stiles added. "He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead. So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked. "You don't get paid," Ella said. "But how does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?" Liam asked. "He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Scott said. "Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles added. "So, if he wants visual confirmation. ." Liam trailed off. "He's going to have to come get it himself."

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked as he paced around Scott's room. Ella looked down at hers and Scott's entwined hands, "I think Liam's kind of nervous. Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right." Ella looked up at Scott to see him staring directly at her with a soft smile, "It's going to be all right." "So, you've done this before, right?" Liam asked. "I've seen it done," Noshiko answered. "Is that just as good?" Liam asked. "No," Noshiko denied. "Mom, you're not inspiring confidence," Kira hissed. "Good. This is a terrible idea," Noshiko said, looking down at Scott. "Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira asked her mother. Noshiko sighed, "Put your hand over his heart." Kira went to put her hand over his heart when Scott shot up, "Hold on. What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?"

"It might feel like you're dreaming," Noshiko said. "Good dreams or bad?" Scott asked. "I suppose that depends on you," Noshiko nodded. Then Kira placed her hand over Scott's heart and electricity flowed from her hands and to his chest, causing Scott's eyes to widen largely and for him to let out a loud gasp.

Melissa walked into the morgue where Scott's kind of dead body was. "I still hate this plan. I mean this is pretty significantly terrifyingly. He looks dead," she said, gesturing towards him. "Give me your hand," Noshiko said, holding a hand out towards Melissa. Melissa looked at the twins who nodded, "It's okay." Melissa looked back at Noshiko and placed her hand in hers. Noshiko took it and placed it above Scott's heart, "Wait for it." Scott's heartbeat was slow, but it was there. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" Melissa asked. "Enough for an Alpha," Noshiko nodded. "How much time do we have?" Melissa asked. "Forty-five minutes," Noshiko answered.

"What happens after that?" Melissa asked. "I bring him back the same way," Kira replied. "No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked, causing Noshiko to look at the teens, "No one's told her?" "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked, turning to Ella. Ella bit her lip, "He dies."

Liam, Stiles, Kira and Ella were in an empty hospital room with the three laptops set in front of them, watching the security footage; waiting for the benefactor. "Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked, pointing to one of the computers where a security screen began to glitch. "No. No, it's not," Stiles answered. "Where is that?" Kira asked. "The roof," Ella stated. "Someone's gonna have to check it out," Stiles said. "I'll go," Kira volunteered. "Whoa, whoa. This might not just be a malfunction," Stiles said. Kira pulled out her sword, "That's why I'm bringing this." She began to walk out of the room when Liam spoke up, "I'm coming with you." Ella wrapped her hands around his upper arm, "No, no you're not."

Liam smiled softly, "I'll be fine, Ella Ella furrowed her brows, "I'm definitely not okay with this." Liam pried my hands off of his arm, cupping Ella's face in his hands and pressing a kiss to her forehead. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes, "I'll be fine." Ella sighed and nodded, letting him go. "Okay. And you're both coming right back. Immediately," Stiles called out. "Kids," Ella muttered. 'Time for sibling time,' Ella thought. "Ella, can I see your eyes?" Stiles asked, turning to his sister who had sat down in a chair. Ella looked up at her brother, "You're seeing them right now." "You're eyes, eyes," Stiles rolled his eyes.

Ella nodded and closed her eyes before opening them to reveal her white irises. "Why're they white again?" Stiles asked. "Because I failed to protect two people: Allison and Aiden," Ella answered, raising her brows as she looked away. Stiles nodded, "But it wasn't your fault. . it was mine." "It was Void's," Ella replied, "Not yours, not mine, but Void's. Let's never speak of it again, yeah?" Stiles walked over to his sister and she stood up, the two hugging each other extremely tight. Maybe the hug would put together Ella's broken pieces.

The lights went out back in the hospital room, and so they moved their little station to the morgue where Chris was staying with Scott. "The power's out in the whole building. I lost all the cameras," Stiles told Chris. "Stay with Scott. Text me if you see or hear anything," Chris said as he walked out of the room.

A couple minutes passed after Chris had left and something just had to happen. To top it off, Argent wasn't even answering his goddamned phone. "Come on, come on. Answer the phone. Answer the phone, Argent. Come on, Argent, answer the phone. Why are you not answering the phone?" Stiles muttered as he paced around the room. For Stiles' answer, Chris busted through the door. "I was right. Stiles, take Ella and get out of here," Chris said, grunts falling from his lips. Before the twins could take in what he had said, the familiar blonde walked past the doors of the morgue. "Get out of the way, Stiles. I'm taking the body," Kate instructed. "Why? Visual confirmation?" Ella asked. "Don't worry, my precious blue eyed beauty. I'm not The Benefactor," Kate said as she chuckled with amusement. "Then what do you want with the body?" Ella asked. "I wish I could tell you."

Kate and Chris did something that was too fast for me to see, the only thing Ella knew being the fact that Kate had taken Argent's gun, only for him to pull out another one. "I always forget you carry two," Kate said. "Back off!" Chris spat. "You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Kate mocked. "I don't want to." "You're not going to kill me," Kate shook her head gently. Ella then felt hands grab her and tug at her, then she was being used as a human shield. "You're not going to shoot me if I have Ella," Kate taunted. "Listen to me, Kate. We have a plan," Chris told his sister, Stiles being held back by him. "If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me," Kate spoke.

Ella tried to get out of Kate's grip, but Kate only tightened her grip on the fragile girl. Ella then felt something cold press against her back and it made her entire body freeze, "She has a . . she has a gun." Chris's eyes widened as Kate spoke, "You're not the only one who carries two." "He's telling the truth. We're trying to get to The Benefactor," Stiles stated. "If you didn't notice, you're on that list too. And you're worth more than most," Chris gritted though his teeth. "That's why I'm here," Kate said. "Then back off and let us do what we planned," Chris said, panting. "Take the Berserkers, leave Ella, and go. Kate, please. We have a plan." Kate nodded, pushing Ella off of her, Stiles immediately running to catch her and hold her tight in his arms. She then tucked her gun into her belt before turning and walking out of the room.

Scott sat up with a loud yell, panting heavily. Ella placed her hands on his cheeks, pulling him up for a kiss. "What happened? Did it work?" Scott asked, him and Kira looking up at Chris, Stiles, and Ella. Ella pursed her lips, making eye contact with Scott. Liam then walked into the room. "What?" Kira asked. "It's your mother. . She's hurt," he said.

The Stilinski siblings and Scott got back to Ella and Stiles's home, the couple seeing Malia waiting for Stiles in his room and making a face to one another before running into Ella's room, Ella shutting the door behind her. "I was dead," Scott sighed as he went to sit on her bed. Ella chuckled lowly, "I was held at gunpoint, so isn't that something?" Scott raised his arms high, wanting Ella to hug him. Ella smiled and walked forward, getting tackled into the bed.