chapter thirty three.

Ella walked into the library, earbuds tucked deeply into her ears, blasting Five Seconds of Summer's cover of 'American Idiot.' After she and Stiles had spoken to their father, Ella left Stiles saying that she wanted to do some more research on William Barrow. Stiles — knowing that Ella was fascinated in Barrow's history, for some odd reason — let her go, saying he needed to speak to Lydia. Ella had texted Scott, asking where he was and if he had a plan that involved everything that was happening. Scott replied with:

'My mom's bringing me Barrow's hospital gown that he left behind. The twins, Isaac, and I are going to try to see if we can catch his scent anywhere. Stay with Stiles. I don't want you getting hurt if he is in the school. I love you x.'

Ella of course ignored the part where Scott said to stay with Stiles. She could fend for herself, or at least that's what she believed. She knew that if a mass murderer had her by the throat like how Aiden had done, then she would be helpless and wouldn't know what to do, yet she still walked alone to the library. Ella sat down at a computer, typing up William Barrow and clicking the first website link that popped up. The link was to a website that held murderers backstories and what they had done to get them into mental institutes, prison, or death penalties. Ella took her glasses from her backpack and put them on, reading about Barrow. William Barrow had first been a chemist, then he went on to working at a power substation as an electrical engineer.

After a while of boring things about his past jobs, the article finally got to the good part. It went on about how Barrow was convicted of walking onto a school bus full of students and detonating a shrapnel-filled bomb.Four teens were killed, one was maimed, and Barrow suffered severe injuries as well. Barrow claims the kid's eyes were glowing like in the movie Village of the Damned, suggesting that they were in some way evil. Ella bit her lip, searching up the movie and reading the summary, then watching the trailers of both the 1960 film and the 1995 remake, and lastly she looked at the images from the film. Ella saw how the children of the movie had white hair and pale skin, and looked like normal young children. The children were beautiful, some with blue or green eyes, and their smiles were so innocent that of course anyone would give in to what the children wanted.

Ella clicked on a video link, watching a small clip of the 1995 remake. The woman — Dr. Susan — walked into her home's hallway and grabbed her purse, turning around to see three of the children staring at her. The stare wasn't in a creepy way, their gazes only followed her with her every move. The girl in front of the other two boys then began to glow her eyes in a way that Isaac's would glow. The scene then switched to a part where a riot was taking place outside, Ella of course not knowing why. A woman then pulled up to the road, getting out of her truck and running to the front, pleading for them to stop.

Everyone then suddenly came to a stop, the camera moving to show 6 white haired children facing them, spread apart through the road. The scene switched to Dr. Susan being followed down her stairs with the three children in the back of her, the woman switched on the light then let the children walk in front of her. The children stared some sort of alien figure in a type on wide tube. Ella was intrigued by the small clip, wanting to continue with it. She would've, If Coach had not been shaking her shoulders wildly to get her to take her earbuds out. "Daniella!" Coach shouted in her ear, Ella slowly taking out her earbuds to hear the fire alarm going off, "What are you? Deaf? Do you not hear the fire alarm?" "Sorry, coach," Ella apologized, seeing Kira waiting for her at the doors. Ella logged out of the computer then walked to Kira, linking their arms together as they walked out of the library and outside of the school.

Kira and Ella walked to their group of friends, Scott catching sight of his girlfriend and her friend and immediately running up to Ella, closing her in his arms tightly, taking Ella by surprise. "Woah, Scott," Ella laughed, hugging him back. "I thought William got to you," Scott breathed out, "We were looking for you every where." Ella smiled, resting her cheeks on his shoulder then pecking his cheek and pulling away. Stiles then ran to his younger sister, pulling her into a tighter hug than Scott had given her, "Oh, thank God you're safe. I'm never letting you out of my sight again." Ella rolled her eyes, he said that last time and look what happened. Ella's cheeks then started turning red, "Uh- - Stiles. Can't. . breath." Stiles let go of his sister, "Right, sorry." Ella stepped back and looked at the boys, "Why did the fire alarm go off?"