chapter twenty seven.

I don't ever do this, and I've never had a diary before, but everyone has a first, right? I, uh, guess I'll talk about how this break has been. The first week of the break was fine. Scott and I went on several dates, stealing Stiles's Jeep to gaze at the stars late at night then bringing Stiles tacos and watch him as he ate them pretend angrily. The three of us did two all nighters, then I would go with Allison and Lydia some places so we could bond more; I wanted to get closer to them. We shared fashion advice then jammed out to throwback songs on our way to the restaurants. Scott texted constantly, asking if I could handle all the girliness since I was always with him and Stiles. I just laughed to myself and left him on read.

The second week of break wasn't as great as the first. I woke up in the middle of the night to Stiles's screams and cries. My dad and I would try our hardest to calm him down, but it lasted for about 30 minutes before Stiles could even speak properly. Then when I went to Scott's house, I saw that he kept watching his shadow as if he was Peter Pan and his shadow could move on its own. I went over to Allison's like two days ago, to see if she wanted to join me, Isaac, and Scott for Mexican. And yes, it was supposed to be like a double date, even if she and Isaac hadn't confirmed anything yet. When I left her room so she could change, she seemed to talk and yell at herself. Though, I didn't tell her anything because she came out like nothing happened. I understand that they were the three to die for 16 hours, so of course they're going to have some side affects. But tomorrow we go back to school, and I'm worried how they're going to act there.

Sincerely,

Daniella xx

Ella's eyes snapped open at the sound of her brothers yells, immediately throwing her bed sheets over her body to run into her brothers room, seeing her father with his arms already wrapped around Stiles, "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay, it's okay." Ella slowly walked up to her brothers bed, sitting at the edge then crawling up to where her father sat. "You keep on telling me I'm wasting time. . But to call it wasting time, oh that's a crime. And you thinks it's crazy what I'm tryna do. . Well baby I'm a fool for you. 'Cause underneath the darkness, There's a light that is trying so hard to be seen. And I know this, cause I'm noticed, A little bit shining through it seams. And if this is what it takes, Then let me be the one to bear the pain. Oh if this is what it takes, I'll break down these walls that are in our way." Ella sang Stiles's favorite song to him, him panting as he calmed down, breathing heavy as he reached up for Ella's hand. Ella interlocked their fingers, a tear running down her cheek. It hurt her to see him in so much pain. Ella placed her head on Stiles's chest, his chest heaving up and down.

"Ella? Do you need a ride to school?" Stiles called from his room. Ella grabbed her white backpack, "No, Scott's driving me." Stiles was suddenly blocking his sisters way through her doorway, "You're not going anywhere near that death contraption." "It's a motorbike!" Ella said, crossing her arms over her chest, "I've rode on it before." "You told me that Melissa let Scott borrow the car," Stiles said, giving his sister a look. Ella raised her brows, biting her lip, "I'm sorry?" Stiles shook his head, grabbing his sisters hand and pulling her to his Jeep. Once they got inside, Stiles pulled out his phone and texted Scott: 'I'm driving her.' Ella rolled her eyes, leaning into her seat.

As soon as they had arrived at school, Ella left Stiles to go find Scott. She stopped when she saw how he had began to run, looking back at his shadow that seemed completely fine to her. Scott bumped into Ella, causing her to go flying to the ground and to land on her ass, "Oof." Stiles ran over to his sister, helping her off the ground. "I'm sorry, Ella," Scott apologized, placing his hands on Ella's forearms. Ella rubbed the dirt off her pants, "I'm okay! I'm okay! Are you all right?" "You don't look all right, Scott," Stiles added, giving Scott a worried expression. "I'm okay," Scott assured, breathing heavy. "No, you're not," Ella shook her head, placing a hand on Scott's muscle, trying her hardest not to squeeze it. 'God, this is what real muscle feels like' Ella thought.