chapter eighty one.

Stiles and I were just trying to go home. Just trying to get into our beds before we broke completely. The car ride was silent and we had the bloody wrench in between us. Then the Jeep started to fill up with smoke which sent us into a coughing frenzy. Stiles stopped the vehicle and we both got out, Stiles grabbing his set of wrenches and throwing the Jeep's hood open. He opened his set and looked at all of them, none fitting the right size. The one with the right size was inside. Stiles took the set of wrenches and closed it before throwing them off somewhere. He then ran into the Jeep and grabbed the other wrench and as he was going to throw it far away, I stepped up and took it from his hands.

I gave him a look of permission and he nodded. I then threw the wrench at the Jeep's window, causing a crack to form. When I looked back at Stiles he was leaning on a tire and sitting on the road. I wiped a tear away and went to sit beside him, taking his hand into mine.

Malia had dropped us off at the sheriff's station and since almost every deputy and our dad was at the school, we waited in dad's office. But then we heard a siren go off and people asking if someone pulled a fire alarm. My brother and I shared a glance before standing and waking out, watching as everyone run around the station. Stiles and I blew it off after the alarm stopped and went back into the office until I caught a glimpse of Parrish with a hard look on his face and two burns on his cheeks. "Parrish," I breathed out as Stiles ran outside and told the deputies who held guns up to stay back and out of his way.

Stiles and I followed Parrish to the impound lot and saw that he had the dead chimera bodies. Theo's truck then pulled up, causing me to sigh. Out of all the people my brother could call, Why would he call Theo Raeken? "I got here as fast as I could," Theo informed them as Stiles made his way to the car, but I stayed still. "We gotta go. Now. Parrish has got the bodies," Stiles explained to him as he opened the door for the passenger's side. "Okay, wait up - Stiles, wait," Theo tried. "Parrish is out and he's got the bodies. We've got to find Scott," at the mention of Scott's name, both boys turned to look at me. I clenched my jaw and looked down. "Look, we've got to tell him." "Stiles!" Theo called, finally earning Stiles's attention. Stiles narrowed his eyes and turned to look at Theo. "I don't think Scott wants to talk to you right now," Theo said.

Ella sighed, "Yeah, thanks, we're aware of that, but it doesn't matter. He needs to know about this." "Scott doesn't want to talk to you, but I think your dad does," Theo said and held up my I.D card. I pursed my lips, looking at my brother who sighed. "Your dad was looking for you two. He found me instead," Theo said. "Where is he?" I asked. "I covered for you. This was taken care of. If Melissa didn't find it at the hospital. . Guess even the kids of a cop can make mistakes," Theo muttered as Stiles closed the passenger's seat door and walked over to Theo. "Did you hurt him?" Stiles asked. "I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills. I'm here for a pack. I came for the werecoyote. The one whose first instinct is to kill. I came for the Banshee, the girl surrounded by death. I came for the dark Kitsune, the Beta with anger issues, I came for Void Stiles," Theo's eyes darted over to me, "I came for the dark protector. That's the pack I want. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Scott."

Theo smirked at Stiles, "Your heartbeat's rising, Stiles. It's not because you're afraid. Nogitsune is gone, but you've still got more blood on your hands than any of us." "I'm about to get more," Stiles said. I walked up to him and narrowed my eyes at Theo, "We both are." Theo licked his lips, "I'll tell you where your dad is, if you promise not to help Scott." My nostrils flared as I reached forward and punched Theo in the jaw, making him chuckle, "There she is! That's Dark Ella. It felt good, didn't it?" I shook my head and punched him again with all the strength in me, causing him to fall to the ground. "We won't tell Scott. 'Cause Stiles can't lose his best friend, right? You already lost him." I screamed and grabbed him by the collar, slamming his head deeper into the rocks. "Even though we both know, you never needed him." I shook my head, "Fuck you." "You hate me now, but you'll get it eventually. This is the hard part. 'Cause you can't help Scott and save your dad's life. You've still got time, Stiles. You've still got time, Ella."

Stiles and I soon found our dad. His neck was bloody and so was his hand. Stiles said for me to run by the hospital later, but for me to go with Scott. I hesitated at first but soon nodded and ran to the school, meeting Melissa outside the library doors and we ran into the library together, shouting Scott's name. We found Mason, his hands bloody as he looked down at them. We then found Scott, his face bloody and shirt clawed through. Melissa glanced up at Mason and began to compress on his chest, counting. I cried silently, taking Scott's hand and kissing it, whispering 'I love you' over and over again as if it was going to magically wake him up. "What are you doing?" Mason asked. "Six, seven, eight -" "What are you doing?" Mason asked again. "Bringing him back," Melissa answered. "But his - His heart. He - He hasn't had a pulse in over 15 minutes. You can't bring someone back that's -" "He's not someone," I breathed out, "He's Scott McCall. And he's an Alpha." "And he's too strong to die like this!" Melissa shouted, "Come on! Open your eyes and look at me, okay? Come on. Breathe, baby. Breathe. Ella, please."

I nodded and reached forward, placing my lips on his and breathing in air again and again. "Ella, it's -" "Mason, please, shut up!" I snapped. "He's too strong to die like this. Come on. You can do this. You're an Alpha. You're an Alpha. Come on, Scott. Roar. Come on! Come on, Scott. Roar!" Melissa shouted, giving him one last humongous pound, causing him to let out a sonic roar the bounded off the walls of the library. When he stopped, he looked at me, "Daniella?" I nodded, "I'm here, baby. I'm here."