chapter eighty seven.

"That's the worst plan I've ever heard," Parrish admitted to Ella and Stiles as he pushed the keys back to them over the counter. Stiles shook his head and glanced towards the deputy. "Okay, the plan is perfect and it'll work perfectly, especially if you agree to drive the van." Stiles explained to him before pushing the keys back to Parrish. "Is the Sheriff on board with this?" Parrish asked. Ella chuckled lightly, "How do you think we got the keys?" "I thought you two stole them," Parrish replied with a nod. "While that's a perfectly reasonable assumption, we did not steal them." Stiles assured him with a small smile.

"And we need you because all of the Eichen guards know all of the Sheriff's Deputies, okay. We need a real deputy. And one who won't ask questions." Ella added with pleading eyes. Parrish looked into Ella's eyes and sighed. "It's not safe to bring me along, Ella. I'm dangerous." "So is the giant murdering werewolf that's killed over 30 people, but somehow didn't kill you." Ella pointed out, Stiles pointing at his sister and nodding in agreement. Parrish darted his eyes to Stiles before looking back at Ella. Ella raised her brows lightly, "Please." Parrish exhaled deeply and looked down at the keys, snatching them up. Ella smiled widely and turned to her brother, the two sharing a quick high-five.

"Our dad's got the lab working on the shoe prints, but we're kind of mystified about how giant clawed werewolf feet turn back into a pair of sneakers." Ella explained to Scott as they walked down the stairs with Stiles. "Argent said it wouldn't be like anything we've ever seen before." Scott told them as they made their way towards the exit. "Did he say it was going to defy the laws of physics?" Stiles asked. Scott then came to a stop, making both Stiles and Ella stop as well. Ella narrowed her eyes and followed Scott's gaze, seeing Theo leaned up against the bookshelf. "What are you doing here?" Scott asked and looked at him with a raised brow, immediately wrapping an arm around Ella's waist.

Ella rolled her eyes at Scott's jealousy, yet said nothing. Theo took a few steps towards them. "I still need to graduate." He answered. "No. No. What you need is to be beaten severely with a lead pipe wrapped in barbed wire –" "Okay, I admit that mistakes were made," Theo answered, cutting Stiles off before he could go into more gory details. "Murders, Theo. Some murders were made." Ella corrected him, Theo looking at her then back at the book he held in his hands. "You know how the Soviets helped us win World War II? They knew how to make it through a Russian winter." Theo informed them. "That it? Okay. Thank you, Theo. Very informative." Stiles replied, wanting to leave the library, but Scott stopped him. "If you're planning to break Lydia out of Eichen House, you still need to get past the Mountain Ash. We can make it through. You can't, Scott." Theo pointed out to Scott.

"What do you really want?" Scott asked. "I know you saw the fresco. Two seriously pissed off creatures, the Hellhound and the Beast, fighting over a pile of dead bodies. I don't want to be one of the bodies, it's that simple. I can get you to Lydia." No one replied. "Or we can see who gets to her first." Theo added and placed the book back in the shelf before leaving the library. "Theo is pretty hot," Ella said thoughtlessly. "Ella," Scott narrowed his eyes. "Hmm?" Ella hummed, Scott giving her a look, "Did I say that out loud?" Stiles rolled his eyes at his sister, "Yes. And There's no way he knows what Valack's doing. Why's he so interested in her?" "He probably thinks what we're all thinking." Ella sighed. "That Lydia's got something bigger to do with this. That maybe she's the only one who can actually save us."

Ella unzipped the body bag she had been in and sat up in a seated position, panting heavily. "Oh, my God. Never again!" She exclaimed, pointing at Scott who simply nodded. Scott and Liam got out of their bags just fine, meanwhile the twins fell off the table before they could even get out of their bags. "I'm good." Ella muttered to herself. Scott sighed and walked over to his girlfriend, picking her up out of the bag. She smiled and patted Scott's shoulder, "Thanks babe." Scot shook his head and kissed her temple quickly before saying, "Fifteen minutes. Starting now." Scott walked to the door and pressed his ear against it, listening for any footsteps. He looked back at them before opening the door when the coast was clear. They walked out the morgue and headed down the hallway. They walked around the corner and immediately backed away to hide behind the wall. Two orderlies were standing at the end of the hallway, having a conversation. "What are they doing here?" Scott asked them in a low whisper. "I don't know. Their rounds should've ended five minutes ago," Stiles answered.