Chapter 1

A/N: my wattpad right now is somewhat broken and it suddenly jumbled the chapters in this story. I really apologize for it but I've been trying to fix it but it still won't work. i'm just hoping this will be fixed soon. i'm really sorry, please bare with it if you want to continue :(

6 years earlier

"No father, please don't do this!" She yelled in agony as she looks straight into her father's eyes.

His eyes watered with tears, full of regrets. "I'm sorry, but it's for the best my beloved daughter. One day, you'll save the world, free everyone from hell." Loud thumps are heard approaching the two individuals, "the outside world looks so beautiful." She said shakingly as a titan reaches for her, small, frail, 12-year old body.

"I will always love you." Those were the last words she heard from her father before he abandons her to a titan and fled.

She closed her eyes as the large hand carries her all the way to its mouth.

"Why, father, why?"

Gwen's POV

I sat up straight panting with sweat as I awoke from a fuzzy nightmare. I made my way towards the window to get some fresh air, it's still 3 am and I'm already hungry.

The cold floor makes contact with my bare foot as I silently walk towards the mess hall to satisfy my hunger. Upon arriving, a familiar figure sits alone in a rectangular table for higher ups.

"Oi, brat. Why are you awake?" Levi said emotionlessly. "Nightmare." I replied boldly and started making tea for my self.

I poured my favourite green tea in a cup and sat opposite to Levi. Silence filled the air, then I broke it.

"Why are you awake?"

"Fucking insomnia, brat. What do you think?" He's cold eyes stares into mine. Then he looked down and spoke gently, "you know I have trouble sleeping don't you, Gwen?"

I nodded at his suprisingly gentle response. He stood from his seat and place his dish in the sink, "you better get ready for the day, brat." Then he left.

I went outside bringing my cup of tea with me as I admire the lovely dawn sky. I shivered at the freezing breeze and realized I was just sleeveless and forgot to bring a jacket or cloak.

A warm blanket wrapped around me startled me and my instincts acted and got into a fighting stance. I turned around and realized it was just Captain Levi.

"H-Heichou! Why the fuck are you here?"

"It's early morning. What the fuck do you think you're doing outside barely dressed?" He raised an eyebrow.

I looked down at my attire and blushed then hugged the blanket to keep the warm. "Thank you, Captain."

"Tch. Levi."

"What?"

"Call me Levi. You're already Lieutenant and you still address me formally?"

I clicked my tongue at his response and decided to go back to my room to get ready for the day.