Chapter 45

Levi's POV

"T-the Armored Titan!"

"W-why i-is it inside the w-walls?"

And more new cadets murmured in fear.

But I care less about that.

I stared at her hair, half brown, half red -- now a darker shade of red. Her rosy cheeks and lips were now pale, and her skin was very dry.

Without wasting a minute, I maneuvered my way back to the squad and laid her gently on the wagon, watching a few medical experts tending to her injuries.

"Engage and prepare to fight the Armored Titan!" Erwin yelled at the top of his lungs. "Advance!"

Third person POV

Everyone rushed for the Armored Titan, slashing and trying their best to break its skin, but its skin broke their blades.

The Armored Titan then realizes his disadvantage and decided to retreat. He ran for the walls that leads to Wall Maria.

Levi grappled his way as fast as he could. "Don't let him escape!" He yelled.

Mikasa caught up with the Armored Titan and unsuccessfully sliced its nape.

The Armored Titan quickly climbed up the wall, only to be held back by Eren.

Then steam was coming out of its nape, making the people, except Levi, stop in their tracks.

"What's happening?" asked Jean.

A cloaked man rose from the body's nape and was handed a 3DM Gear by his partner.

"No! Don't stop!" Levi shouted.

But before everyone could reach the decaying body, the two cloaked persons jumped over the side.

Everyone stared in shock.

"Everyone head back! Now! Don't chase them, it's titan territory." Erwin commanded. "We've got Gwen and that's our important objective."

Everyone nodded at their heads, except for Eren who was slowly climbing up the wall.

"Tch, that brat." Muttered Levi as he maneuvered to Eren and sliced him out of the nape.

He laid an unconscious Eren on the wagon beside his sister and hopped on Arion.

"Tch. Stubborn Yaeger brats."

---

Levi's POV

"That confirms it," Erwin said. "One of Gwen's captors is the Armored Titan's shifter."

"But who could the other person be?" asked Hiruka.

"The Colossol Titan," I spoke up as everyone turned their heads to me, "possibly."

"What makes you say so Levi?" Erwin said.

"Tch. Just think about it. The Colossal and Armored attacked the wall together." I replied boredly, "To think why only the Armored transformed is simply obvious -- the Colossal would cause a big scene and it's obvious they wanted to capture Gwen stealthily.

Hiruka added, "I'm starting to think they were about to capture Gwen in their human forms instead of turning into the Armored."

Erwin nodded in affirmation, "But the question is: How were they able to get inside the wall without transforming?"

"Or how they got maneuver gears," Hiruka spoke.

The other squad leaders murmured to each other and added suggestions as I sipped my tea stressfully.

My tea tastes shit.

Tea tastes like shit when you're stressed.

I sighed and stood from my chair and excused myself then made my way to the infirmary.

"How is she Shitty Glasses?" I asked as I took a seat.

Hanji rubbed her arm nervously, a worried look on her face. "She loss alot of blood, like alot. Possibly more than half of much there is in her body. The blade in her back was the most difficult part, if we weren't careful she might end up paralyzed if ever her regeneration's slowed down. It's normal that she's in a comatose right now due to extreme blood loss, but she'll more likely wake up around a y-year or more. . .7 months if we're lucky."

I turned to Eren who was sobbing furiously beside Gwen's unconscious body, to the corner was Armin crying too, and Mikasa almost in tears.

"I see," I looked, holding back tears. "Return to your rooms, I'll watch over her."

"If anything happens," Hanji said, "I'll be in my lab studying more on her abilities."

I nodded then heard the door clicked shut.