Chapter 49

Gwen's POV

"I s-s-still can't believe you're awake!" Hiruka remarked, "You really are extraordinary, Gwen!"

I chuckled dryly, "How's everyone?"

"They still don't know you're awake yet," he replied. "We've been expecting around a year or more since you lost half of your blood, and it's not that easy to recover. . .especially since your regeneration's slower."

"I'm honestly feeling better," and I was not lying. I really am feeling better. "Expect for the scars in my back and in my front, they hurt like shit."

"I can't imagine a sword being dug in my back," Hiruka said, laughing.

"You don't have to watch over me anymore, Hiruka," I said. "I'm guessing you were guarding me the the whole week 24/7."

Then Hiruka's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Actually I just took over."

"What do you mean?"

"Captain Levi was actually the one watching over you ever since you were unconscious," he replied in a serious tone.

"But he said he just arrived awhile ago?" I said unsurely, "And why would he want to watch over a stranger?"

"You still didn't know huh?" Hiruka mumbled softly, probably thinking I wasn't able to hear it.

"What was that?"

"N-nothing!" He stuttered and quickly changed the subject. "Are your memories coming back?"

I decided to shrug it off and answer his question. "Yeah, some." I sighed hopelessly, "I had many flashbacks already, but they were so. . .unclear. It's not enough to solve the puzzle."

"It just needs time," Hiruka comforted.

"If I still have time. . ." I whispered that sentence to myself. "Some flashbacks show my childhood with Eren, some about the Survey Corps, and some mentioned. . .Levi." I paused and turned to my fellow squadmate.

"What else?" He asked. "What about your titan powers?"

That's when it clicked. I replayed the memory in my mind once again--how I turned into a titan by my father, the way I crystallized my knuckles and covered armors on my legs, and the titans bowing on my war cry.

It was all a strange feeling of deja vou. . .

"Actually yes. . ." I trailed off, "I remember parts, but I feel like it was missing." Then I stopped when I heard a snore coming from my side. Hiruka snored lightly, head bent, arms crossed while his legs were in a number four position.

Then I stared back at the ceiling, staying awake the whole night.

----

The sun was starting rise, making me realize that I haven't slept at all.

I was deep in my thoughts when running footsteps were getting louder and louder, then the door suddenly flew open, startling Hiruka awake and making me jump in shock.

"GWEEEEEEN!" Hanji yelled and pushed a dumbfounded Hiruka just to tackle me in a hug.

"Agh! Fucker!" I hit Hanji's neck with the side of my palm as she squeezes my stitches.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry!" She chuckled, making me roll my eyes playfully.

Then Erwin entered the room and behind him was Levi with his usual stoic face.

"It's good to see you're awake now, Gwen," Erwin calmly stated and smiled.

"Thank you commander," I returned the smile. "I'll be back to fighting in no time!"

"That's good to hear."

"Anyway!" Hanji shouted in excitement, "During your battle with the Armored Titan, I was able to grab whatever I can in your decaying titan body."

"Disguting," Levi retorted.

"I got a sample of your titan blood and compared it with Eren's only to find out that yours is different!" Hanji explained energetically, "Very different."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Eren's is just normal; normal blood like what humans have," Hanji said and moved her face closer to mines. "Yours, my Gwenny, is so odd in ways I cannot explain."

Erwin, Levi, Hiruka, and I stared at her boredly.

"I'll be able to explain it soon! Just you wait!" Hanji sat upright and grabbed something from her lab gown. "I also found this in your titan."

She uncurled her palm as we all peered at it closely.

There were small shards of blue crystal laid in a white cloth.

"It's unbreakable like the crystal Annie Leonhart trapped herself," Hanji said, grinning.

"She hardened her skin with crystals like these," said Hiruka, taking a piece and studied it closely.

Erwin furrowed his eyebrows and faced Gwen. "Don't you think you were doing the same too, Gwen?"

That's when I remembered something.

"I. . .I think so." I said unsurely, "I had a flashback of my memory. . ." I explained to them everything I saw when I was unconscious; how I became a titan in the first place, and seeing myself hardening my skin with crystals and armors, leaving out the part where titans were bowing before me.

"To conclude. . ." Hanji started, then flashed a smile like a maniac's. "YOU HAVE THE ABILITIES OF THE FEMALE TITAN AND THE ARMOR'S"

I scratched my nape, "Maybe, I'm not quite--"

"WHAT IF THERE'S STILL MORE UNKNOWN ABILITIES TO YOUR TITAN? Or. . .WHAT IF YOUR BLOOD HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS!" Hanji bounced up and down, squeezing my shoulders.

"Oi Shitty Glasses," Levi spoke in an angered manner. "Shut the fuck up. You're annoying her."

"I can't calm down Shorty!" Hanji turned to Levi, pulling her hair in excitement. "Ooh, I need to go back to my lab!"

"Best get the fuck out of--" and the door slammed shut as Hanji rushed back to her lab.

"Anyway," I said, breaking the silence. "What brings you here, Commander, Corporal?"

Erwin breath deeply and spoke, "Let's talk about the expedition now that you're awake."