Chapter 5

I ate up and quickly finished my paperworks before heading to Levi's office. Hiruka and Liela came to help me which made it faster.

After a few good minutes, my work was finished. I slouched from exhaustion, then I stood up and walked to Levi's office down the hall. As I was walking, I can't stop thinking about Levi, I still don't know how I feel about him.

Maybe I like him a little bit. Or bigger.

Okay I do have feelings for heichou, I haven't had this feelings before. I used to be distant with people, I hate being attached 'cause I know they're all gonna leave. No one stays, and that's the bitter truth, everyone's just comforting me with lies. But here I am, having feelings towards someone I can't have.

As I was about to knock on the door, I can here murmurs from the inside. I decided to eavesdrop, just this once. I leaned my head towards the door to hear better.

"H-Heichou." It's Petra's voice.

"What is it?" It's obviously Levi's.

I can hear Petra stuttering as she tries to make out a word clearly.

"Captain Levi, I l-like you!" My eyes widened at her sudden confession, it must have took all of her courage to confess to Levi.

I can imagine Levi staring boredly at her right know. "Is that all you want to say, cadet?" He replied.

"I really like you, captain." She said again. "Aren't you gonna say anything?"

Levi sighed and replied, "I have no time for those bullshit, cadet. And need I remind you, no love on the battlefield." He coldly stated.

Petra's voice was now shaky, "of course captain."

I realized Petra was about to exit the room, I hurriedly hid behind a shelf, Petra was now walking down the hallway, in tears. I feel sad for her, then I realized, Levi will never love me back, no love on the battlefield right? He said that himself.

I have no chance with him and I just have to accept that. I took a deep breath and knocked at his door.

"State your name and business."

I didn't bother stating my name and business, and I just opened the door slowly. I sat in the chair opposite to Levi and we're now having an intense glaring contest.

"Why the fuck did you call me here?" I started.

Levi broke his gaze and cleared his throat. "I know how you deeply disagree with the formation."

"And do you care?" I replied.

"Tch." He rolled his eyes. "I can let you be with your squad during the expedition behind Erwin's back."

My eyes widened at what he said. "You can do that?" I doubted.

Levi stood from his seat and he was now standing behind me. "In one condition." He whispers behind my ear, his breath tingling my skin as it sends shivers down my spine.

I turned around, and I shrieked as our noses were now touching. "What's the condition?" I tried to keep my cool.

"Stay alive after the expedition."