Chapter 35

Gwen frantically looks around the foreign place as the two soldiers marched down the hallway. Anxiously she scans her surroundings, people giving her shocked and confused looks once she passed by.

"This is the training grounds," Liela eradicated as they stepped outside. Then they started walking towards the stable, from a near distance, Gwen saw a beautiful, black stallion, stubbornly neighing at a cadet as if it wasn't tamed.

"Hey Jean," Liela calls. "How many times do I have to tell you, he doesn't want anyone near him except it's owner?"

The light-brown haired boy shakingly steps back after receiving a kick from the wild horse. "S-Sorry Liela. I-I was trying to tame him." Jean boy stammers.

Liela facepalmed at his stubborness and they started walking towards the horse and the horse-faced boy. Gwen admired the stallion with sparkle in her eyes, and so did the horse. Jean noticed the horse's change of behavior and shot the two females a confused look.

"This stallion right here Gwen is-"

"Arion." Gwen muttered as the horse nuzzles its face to Gwen's hair.

Wide eyed, Liela exclaims, "y-you remember!"

"The name popped out all of a sudden," mumbled Gwen.

Jean gaped at the two individuals and the once wild stallion infront of him. "W-What is happening? Why did it behave all of a sudden?" He bewildered.

"This was your horse Gwen, Arion. Corporal Levi found it alone in the woods when we retreated from the expedition two years ago. It never let anyone touch or ride it, no one ever fed it without getting a kick. And now that you're back, look how happy he is." Liela explained, grabbing a bucket of water and a carrot and gave to the brunette girl.

"W-Who is this new soldier?!" Jean stuttered as he studies Gwen.

"Everything will be explained later at dinner, Jean." Liela replied.

After the tour around the headquarters, Liela then lead Gwen to her room. Gwen hesistantly twisted the door knob that opens to her old room, as she steps in, the room was squeaky clean and a familiar lemony scent greeted her.

Why do I feel nostalgic all of a sudden? The confused girl thought.

"This used to be your old room," Liela spoke from behind. "I'll leave you here to rest Gwen. Feel free to do anything you want, but be at Commander Erwin's office by 5."

Gwen nodded in response then Liela left. Clothes laid neatly atop the drawer, piles of paper neatly arranged in the desk, and not a single speck of dust can be seen.

She sat in silence, she was longing to get out of this place, but this is for Eren. She thought, then boredom struck and Gwen decided to get some fresh air. As she strolled down the lobby, smiling cadets greeted her.

She didn't really enjoy seeing people being too happy, it annoys her. She faked a smile towards the cadets that greeted her. Her head bent down low as she thinks deeply, then she bumps into something and falls to the ground.

Gwen shook her head to get out of her trance and looked up to see what she bumped into. She could make out four figures, one girl and three boys.

"Sorry," the blond boy said as he extends his hand to Gwen, "I didn't see-"

"G-Gwen?!" The female said.

"Is that really you?" Another man said.

Gwen slowly stood up, "it is you!" A man with greyish hair exclaimed and engulfs her in a hug. Gwen struggled to release from his hug but eventually failed.

"W-Who are you?" Asked a confused Gwen.

"It's me, Gunther!" The boy that hugged her explained. "That's Eld, Oluo, and Petra." She looks at the only female to see her in a frightened expression.

"Tch, stop pretending to not know us fool." An old looking man said cockily.

Gwen raised her eyebrow at the man, angered rised up inside of her and she was ready to launch towards him, then a voice interrupted her.

"Oi brats."

The squad parted revealing an emotionless stare from the short captain. "H-Heichou!" They saluted, "you never told us Gwen's back!" Gunther said.

"Tch, you idiots still have cleaning. Get to work." Levi demanded, and the squad all scurried to their duties leaving Gwen and Levi alone.

They were having and intense glaring contest for a few minutes until Gwen broke it. "What do you want?" She spat.

"Tch." Was all Levi could say and he walked passed Gwen without saying another word, leaving the poor girl confused once again.