Chapter 28

"The ring!"

Armin screams while looking for cover, Annie transforms into the Female Titan sending the soldiers flying with her blast.

The coconut head rushed under the passageway together with Eren and Mikasa. "She got me this whole time!"
The trio turns to every direction available in their path hand in hand as they search for a way out then a cadet luckily calls for them.

"Hey! Armin! What happened?"

"Unsuccessful!" Armin shouts. "We'll have to switch to Plan B and fight-"

The ground rumbles, debris starts falling, then a giant foot from above stomps the cadet he was talking to. "She can easily step on us!" Eren yelled with fear, retreating from the fallen ground full of dead bodies.

"Then we'll have to go back to the surface, then you'll have to transform Eren." Mikasa calmly states, her face still emotionless, but her eyes show worry and fear.

The boys nodded. And the trio runs around the maze looking for an exit outside the passage.

---

"Where could Eren be?" She says in her mind. She grapples, building by building ignoring the Female Titan as she searches for the brunette boy.

She slightly lifts the black hood covering her eyes to see her surroundings better. Her eyes landed on three persons emerging from a tunnel, one of them was Eren. To his left was a blonde boy with big, bright, blue eyes. Weak, frail, body and seems to have a more female-like complexion. And to his right was a raven-haired girl, steel-grey eyes, and her face emotionless.

Relief washes over her after seeing Eren safe with two of his comrades. She decided to help the struggling cadets as they fought against the Female Titan.

Blood stains the ground, dead bodies lies everywhere, then lightning blazes once again followed by a roar.

She turns to the titan Eren, her thoughts full of fear and amusement at the same time.

The ground shakes with every step Eren makes as she charges towards Annie. The black cloaked woman retreats behind the least fallen house, she looks around making sure no one had followed her.

"Hang in there, Eren." She mumbles to herself as she quickly unstraps her gear.

---

"HURRY UP! LOAD THE CANONS!" Shadis demands the Garrison squad.

"FIRE!"

Multiple cannon balls fire towards the Female Titan, but her reflex was quick. She grabs Eren's weakened body and uses it to shield herself from the cannon balls.

Eren roars in pain as cannon balls, that were supposedly aimed for Annie were targeted at him. He slumps down to ground, body leaning against a standing building, and he can't move.

Annie saw her advantage to grab Eren and run. She starts walking towards the unconscious titan, she grabs Eren's head about to rip it off. Then she can't see anything.

Someone had lashed her eyes. But she knew she would regenerate seconds later.

Mikasa slashes Annie with rage, but Annie was able to dodge every attempt.

The cadets were now distracting Annie as Eren starts to regenerate, but every cadet were slapped away by her crystallized hand.

"Liela, go for her right leg. Ayra, her left. Me and Yuki will take care of the top." Hiruka commands out of nowhere.

"Where have you been!?" Exclaimed Yuki.

"I'll explain later. Go!"

Hiruka Squad attacks the Female Titan with great speed that she couldn't even catch up. Mikasa joins in the fun, all five attempts to attack her nape, but it's futile.

Then, as everyones dives in together, Annie crystallizes her limbs, and with such force, Hiruka Squad and Mikasa were being swatted away like a fly.

Levi watches the scene from afar, he steps his right foot in front eager to step into battle but was being stopped by Erwin.

"Levi, don't. Your ankle hasn't healed yet."

"Tch, can't you see we're losing? Yeager brat is knocked out unconscious, even Hiruka and our best skilled fighters are taken down." Levi was worried that everything won't go as planned, but he just stands there helpless.

Frustration took over Commander Erwin, he's afraid if Plan C won't be happening. A plan that he thought of days before this operation, and only him knows, not even Levi.
"Let's just hope for the best, Levi. I'm certain we won't be failing."

"Do you have another plan in mind?" Levi questions at him doubtly, but he knew Erwin too well.

"Yes."

Then a sudden crash came from the wall, they divert their eyes towards the sound to see a big crack in the wall and the Female Titan leaning against it. Erwin smirks as his eyes landed on Annie's attacker, another female titan.

"Guess we won't be losing after all."