Chapter 20

Days has passed, the 104th Cadet Corps have graduated and chose their brigades. Only a handful joined the Scout Regiment which are: Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Krista, Ymir, Reiner, Bertholdt, suprisingly Jean, and a few other cadets.

Eren was suprised to know Annie joined the Military Police, and was saddened to hear Marco's death.

Erwin and the others are still trying to find out who killed their valuable experiments.

Every free time, Hiruka visits the cabin in the woods that Gwen entrusted to him.

Every night Levi visits Gwen's grave bringing new roses per visit.

Day by day, the cadets trained and prepared for the upcoming expedition.

"Tch, always the careless brat he is." A person says from a tree branch as she watches Eren being swept off by Jean while sparring.

She maneuvers her way back to a place she lives in.

"An expedition in 3 days huh? Please be careful Eren."

The day of the 57th expedition

Levi's POV

The wind sways our cloaks as we galloped outside the walls for the 57th expedition.

Gwen would've enjoyed this. The wind and the scenery were always her favourite part in every expedition.

It was about 10 minutes later until a green smoke shots into the sky followed by more from the different squads. "Oluo, fire it." I ordered and he shot the green smoke.

Then a cadet gallops beside my squad.
"Reporting sir! It appears the right wing has been wiped out! The warning has been compromised, one of you would need to relay the message down the line!" He shouts.

"Tch. You heard the man, Petra. Go!"

"Sir!" She obeyed my orders and drove away.

A few minutes later, a black smoke shots in the sky. My eyes widened, "an abnormal? Eren, fire it." I commanded.

We went deep into the forest, nothing but big trees are surrounding the area. "Captain Levi!" Eren shouts.

"What?"

"We're in a forest sir!"

"No shit."

"We won't be able to spot a titan until its right on top of us!" He yells with fear. "What are we supposed to do?!"

How dumb can that brat be? I took a deep sigh then replied, "Haven't you seen the obvious, Eren? Take a look around you, all these big ass trees. Perfect environment for ODM gear don't you think? Now think with that brain of yours if you even have one, it's the best survival tool in situations like this." I calmly spoke.

"Y-yes sir!" He replied and we continued forward.

Then a black smoke shots up, this time it's near us.
"It's behind us!" Eld yells.

"Draw your blades, it'll happen anytime. Get ready." I said as I drew mine out.

A cadet flies above us, in a blink of an eye, he was slapped to the side by a giant hand.

A female titan appears behind us, running with excellent speed. "Keep moving!" I shouted. "But sir! She's gaining on us!" Petra yells. "I'll cut that bitch." Eld mutters. "It's no use, we have to fight it!" Oluo screams.

"Sir, your order!" Gunther shouts in fear.

"Sir!" My squad yells impatiently, but I ignored their pleads. More cadets appeared from our sides, "Reinforcements from the rear!" Petra exclaims. But they were all wiped out in less than a second.

This titan is intelligent. She's a murderer.

"Captain, we'll have to switch to Manuever gear!"

"It's no use!"

"It's gaining on us!"

"Captain!"

I took the noise grenade from my pocket and faced it upwards, "Everyone, cover your ears!" Then I pulled the trigger as it sends a sharp noise.

"What is your job?" I asked them. "To let yourself be swayed by whatever you're feeling at the moment? No it's not, our job is to keep the brat from getting a single scratch on him. Even if it costs our lives."

My mind replays the time when Gwen saved Hanji from getting eaten, and it cost her her life. And I will be doing the same thing.

"Roger!"

"But sir, it's on top of us!" Eren yells out again.

"Eren, eyes on the road!" Gunther shouts at him.

Reinforcements once again appeared, a cadet was in the grasped of the female titan. She takes the cadet and throws him ahead of us like a rock, the cadets screams for his life. Then in a flash, the cadet was saved by someone from crashing.

The movement was so fast.

A black hooded person appears in our way. "That's her!" Eren exclaims when he saw the person. So this is the mystery person? I said to myself.

She shot her grapples directly at the female titan.

Why is she attacking infront of her?!

As her body approaches the titan, she ungrappled the hook and rose upwards, then with full momentum, she dives down and slices off her right arm. I've seen that move before. My eyes widened as she attacks the female titan effortlessly without getting a single scratch.

But it wasn't just 20 seconds when her arm has regenerated. But she's stalling, it's our advantage.

My squad was amazed at what they're seeing, I haven't seen anyone fight like that. I decided to focus on the task at hand, "everyone! Keep moving forward!"