Chapter 41

Gwen's POV

I followed Hiruka deep in the woods for almost an hour now, listening to a few stories he was sharing about my past.

". . .After that, you ordered us to refill our gas tanks. We were about to head to Shiganshina but then Levi Squad reported about you saving Hanji, you getting eaten and stuff then Erwin decided to end the expedition there." Hiruka said.

"That's a shame," I replied, "I was the only one who died."

Hiruka chuckled, "You have no idea how hard it was for all of us to move on, especially Le- . . .Hanji."

"I didn't hear you mention Eren's name, where was he?" I asked.

"Oh, Eren. You didn't join the scouts together. We didn't even know you had a brother, and when Eren joined the scouts, he mentioned about his sister getting eaten by a titan when she was 12. Does it ring a bell?"

"No. I guess we were separated then." I frowned.

"And we're here!"

A cute, simple cabin stood in my view. I dismounted on Arion and was still gazing at the scenery.

"You can let Arion run free," said Hiruka.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Trust them, just whistle and they'll be back, that's what you taught me." Hiruka said.

"Me? I told you that?" I replied unsurely.

I slowly let go of Arion as she nuzzles me, telling me that she will be back. I smiled as I watch the two horses gallop back in the woods, playfully chasing one another. Then I followed Hiruka inside the cabin.

Everything I'd ever need to survive is found in this cabin.

"Where did you get all of these necessities?" I asked, "This food storage could last me a lifetime. All these battle equipment - knives, bows and arrows, a hunting spear, a. . .pitchfork?" Something glimmered from the corner of my eye, a dagger caught my attention. I took it carefully and studied its features.

"That's your favorite weapon," said Hiruka.

My fingers brushed its shiny blade then came to a halt.

"Freedom" was the word carved in the blade.

Hiruka laughed, "Anyway, the real question is: Where did you get all of those?"

I flashed a confused look.

"Yeah that's right, everything in here are brought by you." Hiruka chuckled.

"I'm gonna bring Levi here after the expedition."

"Huh?" I blurted out, hearing a sudden voice in my head.

"What?" Hiruka perked.

I shook my head and waved it off then went outside.

"A training ground? I did this too?" I asked in bored tone.

"Everything."

I take a look around. I smirked, feeling impressed with myself.

"Heads up!" Hiruka said, tossing a steel dagger. "Let's have a mini knife to knife combat like you always do. I won't go easy on you after knocking me out back in Stohess District." He smirked, "But then again, I still haven't won against you," he mumbled quietly and got into a fighting stance.

----

After training the whole day, we whistled for our horses and headed back to HQ.

After taking a shower, I laid down on my bed. Getting quite bored, I grabbed a book from the nightstand, then I heard something drop.

Lazily, I checked it out to see a steel bracelet with three steel roses around it.

I took it and studied it carefully, also admiring the jewelry.

"It's beautiful, it's even pure. I wonder who owns this?" I questioned.

I then laid back down, the bracelet in my palms as I slowly closed my eyes.

"Ha. . .i, tell. . .vi. . .love. . .and I al. . .ys will!" The bracelet was caught by a certain woman bawling her eyes out. Why is she crying?

My eyes shot open. "W-what w-was t-that?"

The words were unclear it was giving me a headache.

"Arghhhh!" I screamed, clutching both side of my head and turned to the side.

A few minutes later, the headache died down, then I wrapped myself in my blanket.

Then the door slowly creaked.

"Can you fucking knock?" I said furiously without turning to see who it was.

"It's just me."

I calmed down upon hearing Eren's voice.

"Are you okay, Nee San?" He asked in a concerned tone.

I sat up and patted the seat next to me for him to seat. I nodded in reply and sighed deeply, "How have you been?"

"I guess I'm fine," he replied, scratching his neck.

"How's mom and dad?" I asked.

He turned to me and didn't respond, his eyes were enough to tell me his response.

"Oh. . ." I trailed off. "Eren," then he turned to me, "I missed you."

Eren smiled genuinely and tackled me into a hug. "I missed you too, Nee-San. I wish mom was still here to see you good and alive."

A few minutes have passed by, and were sharing our stories from our past.

"Dad brought you on one of his trips as a doctor, then he came back a week later. . .said that you were eaten by a titan. I was furious at him, but it can't be helped." Eren sighed.

I stared at the ground, the room was filled with a silent atmosphere for awhile, then Eren spoke up.

"Commander Erwin actually called for a meeting, let's go."