Chapter 6

Weird request from the captain.
I stood up confidently, "do you think I'd die out there?"

He stared at me and said bluntly, "promisd to stay alive and I'll let you be with your squad." My heart was bouncing with joy, I can be with my squad, I can protect them throughout the expedition. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around Levi's waist and hugged him tightly.

"Arigato, Levi." I murmured.

He didn't bother pushing me away, but he didn't also return the hug. We stayed like that for a few seconds then I released the hug. I looked up, he was looking down at me, his steel grey eyes met with my turquoise ones, his eyes then moved to look at my lips. Blood was now rushing in my cheeks and I can feel the warmness between our bodies.

"Ehem." The short man cleared his throat. "Go to bed, Regeay." I smiled at his words, I gave him a nod and head back to bed.

Gwen didn't realized that she just made a certain corporal smile.

Levi's POV

When that brat suddenly hugged me, I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach, I was red as a tomato but good thing she wasn't able to see my face.

I have never known of this feeling, I've discarded my emotions long ago, but somehow happiness found its way back. My mind replayed those memories when I felt happiness; the times when Isabel and Farlan were still alive. They were the only ones who can make me smile

The reason why I helped her with her squad is because, I just want to see her smile. Her face lit up when I told her about my plan, and it made my day. This brat drives me crazy, but I can't, I have a reputation as a captain.

I shuffled my way to bed and dozed off.

I woke up the next morning, did my usual routine and head straight for the mess hall.

"Captain Shorty!" Hanji yelled from across the hallway. She was now running towards me, but I ignored her and continued walking.

She placed her two hands on both of my shoulders and spun me around. "Stop screaming this early, shitty glasses." I scowled.

"Do you know what day it is?" She grins like a maniac.

"Tch. Wednesday." I retorted.

"Wrong!" She bounced up and down. "It's Lieutenant Shorty's birthday and 2nd year anniversay here in the Survey Corps!" She was now screaming in my ear and I shoved her away.

Realization struck me, it the 23rd of July. "So what if it's her birthday?" I said regaining my posture. "Stop pretending like you don't care, shorty!"

I tched at her response and proceeded my way. Hanji was behind me blabbering and planning on what to do, "Yuki will be heading to town to buy the cake. Ayra and Eld are off to buy her favorite flowers. Petra, Oluo, and Liela volunteered to clean the mess hall before dinner..." I rolled my eyes as I was getting annoyed by her blabbering, "I told everyone not to greet her until later, and everything will be done on 7:00 pm!" Hanji beams with excitement.

While Hanji was explaining plans with Erwin and the others, I made my black tea and sat in my usual spot.

Few minutes later, a short brunette enters the mess hall, cadets were greeting her goodmornings as she passes by and she sat in her usual seat, opposite to Mike, beside Hanji.

"Ahhh! Shorty I love your new hair!" The titan crazy woman yells. "Quiet down, Hanji. It's nothing special." She muttered.

I didn't realize I was staring at her, she still looks so beautiful. Erwin's voice broke my gaze at her and I turned towards the commander, "what?"

"Levi, are you vacant later?" He asked.

I was now looking for an excuse to rest, "no, I have somewhere important to go." Erwin nodded in response.

Breakfast is over and it's time for the cadets to train. I headed back to my room and got ready to go to Sina.