Chapter 50

A/N: Haikyuu fans out there! I made a Kageyama Tobio X OC Fanfiction! Title is: The Melody I played (Kageyama Tobio X Oc Fanfiction) You can check it out in my profile! :))

Enjoy!

Levi's POV

The door closed shut as Hiruka left the room to get ready and train the cadets. I listened closely to Erwin as he was explaining Gwen our plans and objectives for the upcoming expedition.

She held a serious face, like the detrrmined soldier she is and tried adding strategies.

"But that'll cost hundreds of lives!" Gwen shouted opposingly.

"It can't be helped Gwen," Erwin replied. "All of our expeditions took away thousands of soldiers."

"There might be another way!"

"Oi brat," I spoke, "If they die, they die. That's what they signed up for. They're well aware of death and you should be too."

Gwen turned to me, her green eyes turned cold, piercing through my steel blue ones.

"Heartless bastard." She growled.

My eyes widened as I regret what I said.

"No wonder you're alone. You don't value people's lives. . .and who would want to be with someone who only cares about himself?" Gwen stated coldly. "Then I shouldn't have saved your squad if their deaths would never mean anything to you."

"Tch."

"Humanity's Strongest Soldier my ass. Egocentric fuck." She mumbled, calming down.

Then Erwin stood up. "Recover soon Gwen and we might consider your plan." Then Erwin left, leaving me alone with her again.

"Why the fuck are you here?" She retorted. "I might die if my attackers will come back since I'm in a room with a self-absorbed shithead. You won't even care if I'm attacked, 'cause you only care about yourself."

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you," I warned.

"Or what?" She snickered. "You'll feed me to the titans? Ain't happening hon, I'm a shifter."

"Tch." How can I get her back when she's hating me more.

Then she exhaled sharple and finally stopped talking.

"Thank you," I muttered quietly.

She turned towards me, "Oh and now you're thanking me sarcastically? For calling you selfish?

"For saving the cadets."

She stared at me, her eyes softened and she smiled, then closed her eyes and slept.

Gwen's POV

He pulls out a box, and took my hands then uncurled them and place it ontop.

I slowly untied the ribbon, then I started opening the box to reveal a beautiful, gold necklace with a rose pendant.

This was the necklace that made me feel remembered and loved, but I always wondered who gave it.

My eyes shone bright under the stars and Levi slightly smiled at the sight.

"Thank you, Levi!" I threw her arms around her and Levi hugged back. Gwen turned her back and Levi assisted her in wearing the necklace on.

L-L-Levi?

Then another scene flashed.

"Faye, please take care of her." Said a man.

"But G-Grisha, what will I do?"

"Lie to her, and please don't feel bad," Grisha replied, laying my 12 year old self in a queen sized bed. "Lie to her about everything."

I jolted awake, panting fast. I turned to my side for reassurance and met Levi's worried eyes.

"Nightmare?" He asked, putting down his book.

I shook my head, and laid back down. "C-could. . .you lay b-beside me until. . .I fall asleep?" I stuttered and hid under my blankets. "You also look like you need sleep Corporal."

"If you're okay with that," he replied calmly.

"Idiot," I snorted, "I was the one who asked! Just get over here," I sighed as I endured the awkwardness.

Then I felt the bed slightly weighing as Levi laid down.

"Sleep," he said stoicly.

"Levi," I started, "Don't deny it anymore." I turned to him as he turned to me. "I know you were the one who gave me this necklace."

His eyes slightly widened, making me admire his cold, handsome face that shone differently in the dark room.

"Tch, yeah it was me." He said without emotion.

"Why did you deny it when I asked the first time?"

"Why not?"

I smirked at his response and slowly closed my eyes.

Then I felt him nearing me and he wrapped his other arm on my waist, pulling me closer.

Instead of complaining, I somehow felt. . .safe in his arms.

I looked up as I heard light snores. He really was exhausted, I thought. I studied his face for a while, detail by detail admiring his handsome features as I softly caressed my slim fingers on his cheek.

Then I smiled and snuggled closely to his chest, hearing calm beatings.

So he does have a heart?