Chapter 67

Levi's POV

We planned everything overnight to take down Rod Reiss.

We stood atop the wall, waiting for the big-ass titan to approach nearer. Everyone readied the cannons, the equipment, and their gears.

"So you're saying we'll shove gunpowders down his throat?"

"Yes, if ever we have the oppurrunity."

"Does it even have a mouth?"

Erwin still held a calm face, "That's our last gamble."

The titan has now reached the wall, standing right infront of us. It has no face, but it has an opening to its nape.

On Hanji's command, the cadets attached the hooks of the barrel of gunpowder to it's arms. Then it started rolling towards it, as it touched the steaming hot arms, the barrels exploded, giving us the chance to attack.

"Eren! Now!" Erwin shouted as Eren in titan form came charging from behind and towards Rod, a net full of barrelled gunpowders.

Eren got nearer and nearer, until he threw the net into Rod.

BOOM!

The explosion sent us flying farther, but it was a success. Pods from Rod's body were in the air, we just have to find the right one.

"Soldiers, attack every single one!"

On Erwin's command, we took off. I attached my hooks to a pod, slicing it but it only contained blood.

Disgusting.

I took off to another pod, slicing it only to find more blood and some of the body's organs.

Then there were no more left. I landed on the ground where a crowd has gathered up, in the center was Historia Reiss.

Everyone whispered to each other, watching Historia slowly standing up. The other cadets landed beside me, watching the scene with admiration in their eyes.

Historia stood straight, "I am Historia Reiss, the true ruler of the walls."

Third person POV

Levi went back to the broken chapel, checking if anyone was still alive. He scanned each pillar, each body, no sign of life.

"Captain Levi, we found Kenny." Said a cadet as Levi turned to him, a shocked look on his face.

The two soldiers stopped by a nearby tree where Kenny laid helpless. His face was half-burnt, blood all over him, and his body was as good as crushed.

"I'll be fine here alone," Levi said to the other cadet as the cadet obeyed and quickly went back.

"Yes sir."

"With those burns and that blood loss, there's no helping you now." Kenny weakly looked up upon hearing Levi's voice.

"Yes?" Kenny spoke, "I wonder. . ." He took out a rectangular box, he opened it to reveal a syringe with the same bottle Eren drank to use hardening.

Levi's peered at it closely. Titan spinal fluid.

"This was our deal with the man who wanted whoever that girl was," Kenny said weakly. "I capture her, he gives me this."

He conspired with Reiner and his comrades just to get his hands on this?
Levi thougth in his mind.

"I can inject myself with these and turn into a titan, one of those dumb titans unfortunately. It should extend my life, for a little while."

"You've had time and strength to inject yourself," Levi said in a low voice, "Why haven't you?"