Chapter 37

A knock startled Levi who was frustratingly working on his paperworks.

"Tch. Name and business."

"It's Hanji!" The scientist beamed from the other side. Before Levi could tell her to go away, she barged in and closed the door.

"Why the fuck are you here Shitty Glasses?" Levi asked, rubbing his temples.

The sight of Hanji made Levi even more stressful than he already is, Gwen's return has been filling his mind lately and he doesn't want to deal any more of Hanji's bullshits.

Levi spoke, "if you're here to talk about your exp-"

"I'm not here to talk about titans, Levi."

Hanji's tone was serious, and she would only call Levi by his first name during serious matters which suprised him.

"Tch, then what is it? Hurry up." Levi replied impatiently.

"Why have you been ignoring her?"

Levi froze in his place as he pondered Hanji's question. "It's none of your business."

"Why don't you tell her the truth about your past?" Hanji sincerely asked. Levi didn't know why Hanji was asking such questions, but these questions were hurting him in the inside.

He continued keeping his stoic face as he answered Hanji. "It'll be a nusiance to her. She clearly hates me now, and I tend to keep it that way."

Hanji took a seat in a chair adjacent to the bookshelf, then Levi continued. "Besides, my feelings for her are long gone now."

Levi didn't know what he was saying, are his feelings really gone? Was I just saying that to make Hanji leave? Or am I really meaning it? Do I still lo-

"Levi, you can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

Hanji's words hit Levi like a brick. Of course I still love her, but it's useless now that she can't remember me. Levi always thought of Hanji only as a titan-crazy scientist, but hell the titan-crazy scientist was lecturing him about love.

"What are you saying Shitty-Glasses?" This time, Levi's voice was calmer, more relaxed and gentle.

"All I'm saying is; you've never learned to love until Gwen came into your life. Then she left, and you regret loving her because she left. But she's back, Levi! Aren't you gonna do anything about it?"

Levi was loss at words, silence filled the air as Hanji waited for Levi to reply.

"It futile, Hanji." Saying her first name was foreign to Levi, but at times like this he decided to respect her. "We met, but we aren't destined."

Levi wondered where all these words from his mouth came from. Maybe it was at the heat of the moment?

"This is true love, Levi."

He perked up from his bored state, his eyes widened.

"T-true love?" Levi stuttered.

"Did the legendary Levi Ackerman just stuttered?" Hanji teased then Levi replied with a growl.

"Anyway," Hanji continued, "true love always comes back."

"True love never leaves," Levi corrected rather bluntly.

"But did she really leave you? She did, but was it on purpose?" For the first time Levi felt like loosing in an argument, especially since this was Hanji.

Levi exhaled sharply, "I can't do anything about it Shitty-Glasses."

Hanji smiled at the confused man infront of her. "Win her back, steal her heart like what you did two years ago."

The moment between the two arguing officers wasn't an awkward one instead, Levi was glad that Hanji came to talk some sense into him. For the first time he felt like Hanji was the superior one.

"Lying to her is like lying to yourself, Shorty." Hanji said. "It'll break her once she'll have her memories back, if she will."

"Tch. Yeah whatever, I'll see what I can do about it." Levi replies calmly, but inside he was shaking, he was nervous.

"Goodluck Shorty!" Hanji returned to her usual cheery self then headed for the door, just as she was about to step outside, Levi called.

"Oi Titan-Freak, thank you."

Hanji replies with a cheeky smile then left.

Hanji's right, Levi said to himself.

I'm gonna win her back, I'm gonna make her fall for me all over again.