Chapter 78

Third person POV

(A few minutes ago)

"We'll still see the ocean, Eren." Armin whispered. "We'll see what's beyond those walls, together, all of us."

Eren turned to Armin, seeing the blonde's hopeful look in his eyes.

"That's right," Eren thought. "I'll make it. For Mikasa and Armin. For Nee-San. For humanity."

Armin whispered something in Eren's ear, making Bertholdt wonder what were they talking about in a life-death situation.

"So just stick to the plan no matter what, alright?"

A defeaning roar erupted from Eren's mouth as he suddenly came falling down the wall. Landing unconscious on the ground.

Armin took a deep breath as he attached his hooks at a specific part on the Colossal Titan's face.

"You fought well, Armin." Bertholdt muttered, releasing the hottest steam he can possibly emit from his body.

Armin hooks never detached from the Colossal's teeth as he continued flying with the steam, slowly feeling the burn.

Berthold watched the blond boy infront of him, suffering of his steam. "Is this how you go out, Armin? With all your wisdom, is this the best plan you come up with? To get scorched to death?"

"I. . .can't breath, I have to let go." Armin huffed, feeling the fire crawling up his skin. "No. I've got to buy more time."

As the steam grew hotter, Armin continued holding on.

"I entrust to Eren, my plans, my goals. Everything!"

And as Bertholdt raises up the heat, Armin's body slowly burns.

"You're dead, Bertholdt." Eren growled in anger, digging his blade deeper into Bertholdt's neck. Tears escaped Eren's eyes as he watched Armin's lifeless body beside him.

Suddenly, Levi landed harshly on the roof, protecting Gwen's body as they came falling down.

"C-Captain! Nee-San!" Shouted Eren, seeing their current state. "What happened to the B-Beast T-Titan?"

"Dead." Levi replied stoicly, gently stroking Gwen's red hair. "She killed him, tore it to parts. Atleast it's over."

"H-how's my sister?" Eren asked in worry.

"Barely breathing. . ." mumbled the raven-haired man as his eyes desperately searched for even the tiniest strand of brown hair left; but as he looked over and over, there was none left.

"Gwen!" Kinn shouted from behind as he ran straight for the unconscious woman, taking her head in his lap.

*cough cough*

The three of them turned their directions to where it came from, only to hear it escaped from Armin's mouth.

"A-Armin?" Eren stuttered, taking the burnt body in his arms. "Armin! Armin! He's still breathing!"

What happened here? Levi thought.

"Quick, Captain! Please give me the serum, I'll inject it to Armin and make him eat Bertholdt. Please. . ." Eren desparately cried.

I shakingly took out the box, slowly handing it to Eren.

What if Erwin is still alive? Levi thought, has he had doubts givin the serum to Armin.

"Captain Levi. . ."

Levi snapped out of his thoughts as Floch came climbing up the roof with Erwin strapped on his back.