Chapter 13

Levi's POV

The meeting has finally ended, I stood up from my chair then Erwin calls my name.

"Levi," I took a seat again, "I know you're helping Gwen get with her squad during the expedition.

Shit. "Tch. I don't fucking care about the formations."

"It's fine with me. Gwen can be with her squad during the expedition, it's all sorted out." He stated.

I just nodded, then left the mess hall. Then I started thinking about Gwen. What if she's telling the truth? No, impossible. Petra gave me proof. My eyes landed on Gwen's door, I should let her explain, I knocked 3 times but no answer. I started knocking multiple times but still no answer and I'm starting to get worried.

Without thinking, I barged in the room, she lays on her bed sleeping peacefully. I walked closer to her and knelt to her level, her cheeks stained with dry tears, big bags under the eyes.

"Tch, brat. You should really take care of yourself." I mumbled quietly. "I'm so sorry for saying those words to you, Gwen. I didn't mean it, I would never pick someone else. It has always been you."

I decided to let her explain things after the expedition. I kissed her forehead and walked back to my room.

Expedition day

Gwen's POV

I woke up early to get myself ready for the expedition. I ate my breakfast earlier than the other cadets and prepared everything needed.

The cadets are now readying themselves, strapping the gears on and took the horses out of the stable. I exhaled sharply. Another expedition, another attempt to save humanity.

As I was about to mount on Arion, a familar, cold, emotionless voice speaks from behind.

"Regaey."

"Corporal."

"I want to see you in my office right after the expedition."

"Yeah. Whatever."

"Tch."

I rolled my eyes at him as he turns around. Why the fuck would he want me in his office? He says we're over, didn't he? We are all now mounted on our horses as we approach the walls. Levi and I stealing glances from time to time, I tried avoiding it but I can't.

Erwin is yelling encouraging words like what he always does before we wander outside the walls.

"Today, humanity takes another step forward!" Erwin shouts, "Advance!"

Cheers erupted everywhere as we galloped outside the walls.

First objective: eliminate as many titans as possible.

Second objective: capture two titans for Hanji's experiment.

Third objective: reach Shiganshina District and find Dr. Yeager.

"10m titan to the left, 2m and 3m to the right." I stated. "We'll take care of it!" Ayra and Liela replies.

I approach a group of 5 titans, confidently as ever, I shoot my hooks at them and in less than 20 seconds, all 5 titans collapsed to the ground. Another 3 approaches me, I grapple at them and sliced their napes.

"Gwen!" I turned my head to the voice, Liela in the hands of a titan. I paced up my speed, didn't mind wasting my gas just to save Liela. The titan carries her towards its mouth, but luckily I arrived on time, I sliced the nape off and the hand released her. I caught her just in time before she reaches the ground, "why were you in a titan's hand, cadet?"

I only call my squadmates 'cadet' whenever I'm worried.

"My gear is jammed." She replies calmly. I took her gear and repaired a simple malfunction, "there, refill it." She takes her gear and returns to the carriages to refill her gas. Then I continued slashing titans.

I checked the area to see about 20 titans left, but most cadets decided to retire in the forest to rest and refill their tanks. Then I checked my tank to see so little gas left, it's not even enough to kill one titan, only enough to get back halfway in the woods.

Out of the corner of my eye, Hanji sits infront of a titan, grinning like the maniac she is.

"HANJI!" I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping she could hear me. "GET OUT OF THERE!"

"GWEN LOOK! I WANT TO EXPERIMENT THIS SPECIFIC TITAN!" She yells at me from afar smiling widely as she points to the titan about to grab her.

The hand starts reaching out towards Hanji, but she looks at the titan with sparkles in her eyes.

Shit, I have no choice.

I maneuvered my way to Hanji as fast as I can, despite the insufficient gas. I reached Hanji just in time, I pushed her out of the way and she goes stumbling down the small hill.

My body felt pain as I crashed the spot replacing Hanji. I hurriedly grapple my gear to a tree, but there's no gas left so I just sit there, waiting for the hand to reach me.

"Gwen!" I looked down seeing Hanji unable to move.

A hand wraps around my body, so this is it. "Gwen!" Hanji shouts again in pain, I took my bracelet off my wrist and kissed it.

"Hanji, tell Levi I love him and I always will!" As I screamed to her as I toss my bracelet to her then she caught it.

This is it. I'm finally facing my death, I still have hopes and dreams but it will never happen.

Levi, I hope you find someone who loves you more than I've loved you.

A tear runs down my cheek, dad, mom, brother, we'll finally see each other again.

And...

Levi, I love you so fucking much.

"NO! GWEN!" Hanji screams while clutching the bracelet in her chest.

Then the titan throws me into its mouth, and everything went black.