Chapter 75

Third person's POV

"I think it's a good idea for them to eat some meat since the expedition's tomorrow," Gwen said to Levi as they walked to the mess hall where everyone had the dinner of their lives.

"Tch," Levi retorted, "Spoiled brats."

Gwen chuckled at his response, changing the topic. "What did Erwin say?"

Levi sighed, "He's stubborn as shit. He wants us to use him as bait when the time comes. It's useless to force him to stay, but whatever he says, I trust him."

"But he's in no condition to fight anymore."

"And so do you." Levi said sternly, facing Gwen. "Just say the word and you don't have to come at the expedition. We already made a plan incase if you don't join."

"I can and I will," replied Gwen, watching Levi's eyes filled with concern. "I have to, Levi," she said softly, placing a hand on Levi's cheek.

Levi held her hand, sighing in defeat. "I know, brat. Just be careful."

Gwen gave him a reassuring smile, removing her hands from his as she opened the doors to the mess hall. The room's atmosphere was filled of noise and cheers as if they were watching a fight.

And they really were.

"Your brother is at it again." Levi said stoicly, watching Eren and Jean beating themselves to death.

"W-why is no one stopping us?" Eren mumbled weakly as he threw a punch at Jean's gut.

"T-they're e-enjoying it. . ." Jean said weakly, throwing a punch at Eren's face.

Gwen sighed in embarassment, watching her younger brother picking fights again. She and Levi walked towards them without Eren and Jean noticing, Gwen swung her foot on Eren's stomach, sending him flying towards the tables while Levi kneed Jean unconscious.

"You're all too rowdy," Levi scolded calmly, "go to sleep and clean this mess up."

Gwen hovered above Eren, arms crossed over her chest.

"W-what was that for, Nee San?" Eren asked weakly.

"Picking fights again?" Gwen raised her eyebrow as Eren sat up, rubbing his bruised stomach.

"Jean started it!"

"It was actually you," Mikasa spoke from behind Gwen. "You shouldn't have stopped them, Gwen. Eren will heal anyway."

Gwen chuckled at Mikasa's comment, facing back to Eren. "Next time you pick a fight, bet with your life."

"That's mean Nee San," Eren mumbled as he rubbed his head.

"Go to bed, you need to save energy tomorrow," Gwen said.

"Yeah and you should too."

"Don't worry, I'll sleep after dinner." Gwen replied, helping Eren back to his feet, "Mikasa, Little Mouse, please make sure Eren sleeps well."

The two nodded, slinging Eren's arms over their shoulders and started walking out.

"I'll ask you again," I jumped back, startled as Levi suddenly spoke from behind. "Are you really going on the expedition?"

"Yes, I will. Levi." I replied, annoyed. Then I took a seat and started eating at possibly what seems to be my last meal.

Gwen's POV

EXPEDITION DAY

Hours has passed since we travelled; dawn was breaking and Wall Maria was already within our sights.