Chapter 54

Gwen's POV

I watched as Ymir's body was being carried up to wall. Her body was a wreck, her internel organs were crushed said a cadet.

If she wasn't a titan, she would have died. I thought.

I turned to the short, blonde girl who was once called Christa now revealed as Historia Reiss, convincing Hanji that Ymir transformed to protect everyone back at Utgard Castle, and claimed that she's an ally of humanity.

Then I walked beside my brother and gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder. "Who would've thought she was a titan."

Eren turned to me, "Yeah, it was so unexpected. Are the Garrison's advance squad back yet?"

"Not yet, they must be checking every inch." Eren nodded then rushed to help Reiner climb up the wall.

"Hey Little Mouse," I said to Armin, making him widen his eyes.

"Y-you remembered the nickname you gave me. . ." He said softly.

I chuckled, "It just popped out of my mind. Anyway, any ideas on who the Armored Titan is?"

"I think so," he replied. "But we might find out soon."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sorry, Gwen." He said timidly, "H-Heichou told me not to tell you y-yet."

"Oh." That Levi.

I thanked Armin and stormed my way to Levi who was peacfully gazing at the scenery.

Then I stopped as he just stood their calmly, taking his mind off things for a bit. He rarely gets a peaceful time alone, and I began to wonder he was taller than yesterday.

"Hey," I approached the stoic man. "You've gotten taller."

He didn't face me, but he flashed a confused look and continued watching the scene.

"No, wait." He turned to me, "You're just not looking down anymore!"

"Tch, shut up brat."

"Facing forward is always better, isn't it?" I said softly.

To my suprise, he nodded in agreement.

I smiled and watched the scenery with him. Then I spoke without thinking, "You just lack love, Levi. That's why you're cold and emotionless. You need atleast someone to live in that frozen heart of yours, that someone will help you thaw it."

"Cliche." He said boredly.

"Idiot." I retorted and rolled my eyes.
Then I heard Hanji calling for the Garrison advance squad. I walked to where they are and helped them climb up.

"We didn't find any breach," said Mr. Hannes.

"What?" Hanji questioned, "Are you sure?"

"You must be drunk again!" Eren shouted. I placed a hand on his shoulder pulled him away from them to calm him down.

"If that's the case, we might as well prepare to head back to Trost." I heard Hanji said.

Third person POV

"We have to continue searching!" Eren argued, "What if there really is a hole!"

"Eren," Gwen said sternly, "the Garrison made it sure. We have to head back to Trost now."

Then he took a deep breath and exhaled sharply. "Okay--"

"Eren, Gwen." A deep voice came from behind us.

"Oh Reiner," Eren said.

"Reiner Braun and Bertholdt Hoover, is it?" Gwen asked.

The two men shook their heads, then Reiner spoke.

"Do you have a minute?"

What are they talking about? Levi thought, watching the four individuals closely from a safe distance.

"We found blood in the lake. And Reiner and Bertholdt were the only ones near there."

"Braun and Hoover weren't with us when Gwen fought the Armored Titan in the forest."

"Reiner must have written in Annie's palm where Eren was."

Levi and Mikasa were thinking the same thing.

Mikasa squinted her eyes, then she noticed steam coming out of Reiner's arm.

Oh no.

Then Mikasa dashed for Reiner and Bertholdt, stabbing them, triggering their transformations.

"EREN GET AWAY!" Gwen shouted.

"GWEN!" Levi shouted.

Then lighting blazed, causing a massive gust of wind, blowing away the cadets.

Levi didn't give in to the explosion, he kept his eyes half open and prepared his maneuver gear.

A large hand covered with steaming hot muscles hovered passed him and grabbed a certain cadet -- Ymir.

"Ymir!" yelled Historia.

The steam still wasn't clearing up, making it hard for them to see. Then he whipped his head to a direction where Gwen's voice came.

"Eren! No!"

That's when Levi saw Gwen and Mikasa desparately reaching for Eren in the Colossal Titan's grasp.

He quickly grappled his hooks and tried to catch up with the two women.

Then the Armored Titan came out of nowhere. As Gwen was about to reach the Colossal's nape, the Armored slapped her body down the wall.

"Gwen!" shouted Levi.

Gwen's body was falling down the wall then Levi dashed for her.

Then then Armored Titan appeared beside him and opened his mouth.

Shit.

Levi swiftly changed directions.

He was able to dodge the Armored Titan before it's mouth reached his body, then it grabbed an unconscious Gwen.

No! I won't let this happened again.

The other cadets were fighting the Colossal as he was the only one trying to get Gwen back from the Armored Titan.

Levi called for his squad as they were now fighting the Armored, trying to retrieve Gwen from his hand.

Then the ground shook violently, as the Colossal titan got down from the wall, releasing Eren in the process.

And before they knew it, Eren transformed.