Chapter 38.5

3rd person POV

"A-a-are you sure?"

"I saw it with my own eyes," a deep voice replied sternly. "Her titan form, the way her hair slowly changes to red, it really is it! And I never thought it was real, it was all just a myth. It's the strongest type, and who would've known she held it this whole time."

"It's a change of plans then."

It was already midnight, and everyone decided to leave Gwen's room and let her rest.

Gwen laid half-asleep, trying her best to remember everything and have her memories back, but it was no use.

But why do I suddenly remember small pieces in unexpected times? The salute, 'Shinzou Wo Sasageyo', Arion. . .

It was giving her a migraine. Then a sound knocked her out from her deep thinking. Too tired and weak to ask what it was, she decided to let it slip and started falling asleep.

Then her bedroom door flew open, but Gwen was too tired to know what was happening.

Two cloaked figures entered, the other was locking the door while the other grabbed a pillow from the ground and started walking towards Gwen's sleeping body.

The noise startled her a bit, but she paid no mind.

Until the cloaked person harshly placed the pillow on Gwen's face, waking her up as she tried to free herself.

She fought, she struggled, but the suffocation got the best of her. Gwen muffled underneath the pillow, desparately clinging for air. Her legs were reaching for the man as she tried to fight back, but she was pinned down by the other figure.

Fortunately, her left hand found its way ontop of her nightstand and grabbed any object - a lamp - and smashed it on the man's head. She then kicked the other and she finally free. The pillow loosened, she was still breathing for air, but she crawled out of bed and landed on the floor with a bang.

The two persons were still clutching their head from where Gwen hit them, but then stood up and started approaching Gwen.

Gwen scrambled for the door, but both of her legs were pulled back.

"Help me!" she desparately cried.

I'm getting weaker and weaker each day.

The person pulling her back was then hesitant to hit her and knock her unconscious.

"Do it! We don't have much time!" yelled his partner.

He shakingly raised his fist and was about to strike-

Then the door was knocked down with one kick.

Levi stood in the doorway, his expression was undescribable. He scowled lowly at the two men, his eyes showing murderous intent. Then his cold, steel grey orbs met with Gwen's trembling turquoise ones.

He rushed for her aid and held her in his arms, whe he realized that the cloaked persons were running for the window. His eyes widened, he can't catch up with them with Gwen in his arms.

"EVERYONE!" Levi yelled as loud as he can. Then Hanji showed up, confused at the scene.

"What hap- oh my gosh Gwen!" Hanji cried.

"HANJI HURRY UP AND TELL EVERYONE THERE ARE TWO MURDERERS ON THE LOOSE!" Levi's voice was cracking. "BOTH WERE WEARING BROWN CLOAKS. FUCK!"

Hanji then nodded and woke up the entire place.

Levi looked down at Gwen, shaking with fear for the very first time.
"Oi brat, are you okay?" his voice softened.

Gwen slowly nodded but was still shaking.

Levi wraped her arms protectively around her and cradled her in his arms, calming her down.

"You'll be safe, Gwen. Don't worry." Levi reassured and slowly carried her to his office.