Chapter 64

Levi's POV

I walk around my office, hands massaging my temples in frustration.
"Why can't she just tell me where she is!"

I slammed my hands in my desk, lowering my head as some of my hair covered my eyes.

"Atleast she's fine." Or that's just what she said she is.

So she can turn titans back to. . .humans? If she can. . .then possibly all titans are humans. This whole time we've been killing humans, especially me.

I watch the shadow of my trembling hands in my dark room, thinking about the questions floating around my mind.

And tomorrow's the plan to meet up with him and execute our plan.

"And if I see you," I muttered to myself with full resentment towards that man. "I'll--"

A knock came from the door, breaking me out from my thoughts.

"Name and business," I said with clear irritation in my voice.

"It's time to get ready, Captain." Said Eld.

I clicked my tongue and walked to the window, opening the curtains and saw the sun was beginning to rise.

"Tell Four Eyes to prepare my horse." I replied as he replied with a 'yes sir' and he walked away.

---

"Don't walk in a cluster," I said firmly to the cadets behind me as we walk the streets of Trost.

It has been a few minutes already, and there isn't anything suspicious so far. Just a mini festival; a crowd gathering and a few shows.

Then I halted, sensing something.

My steel grey eyes surveyed the area, one by one, then I abruptly turned around, noticing a wagon charging towards us. "Watch out! Behind us!"

We quickly rolled to the side as two people in the wagon took two of our cadets while they swooshed by.

"Armin--" Sasha paused, faking a worried expression, "Eren and Historia are being abducted again!"

Success. I thought in my head as we followed the wagon discreetly to an old warehouse.

Mikasa climbed back to the roof after peeking at their current situation and gave the information. "They will see through Jean's disguise if we don't hurry, and I feel sorry for Armin."

I looked at her emotionlessly, then turned back to the path ahead of me. "I see. Go down there and meet me when you're done."

She shook her head as I maneuvered roof to roof to check on the carriage where the real Eren and Historia are.

I landed quietly beside Gunther, checking the area from a higher view and saw Hiruka with my squad in their positions.

"Well?" I started.

"The road's crowded," he replied, "but they're near Commander Pyxis already. How did the double-body mission go?"

"A success."

"You don't look happy."

I turned to him, a cold look on my face as I replied in a low voice, "No."
It's so like him to be using amateurs. . .but something's off. Then I glanced at the carriage again. If a group was trailing them, it would be from both rear angles and. . .a higher place, with a view, like. . .

Then I heard something creak behind me, and I knew it was him.

I faced my comrade, "Gunther! Get low--" before I was able to finish, his head got blown off.