FINAL CHAPTER

Levi's POV

FLASHBACK 9 YEARS AGO

Humanity won that day we reclaimed Wall Maria. The secrets of the titans have been revealed the moment we discovered what was hiding in the basement.

All titans that were left after that day were injected with the Sovereign Titan's blood; miraculously turning them back the humans as they returned back to their families.

The Scouts were honored and praised by everyone within the walls, especially her.

But she wasn't there to hear everyone's praises.

Gwen has been in a coma for 1 year now, still barely breathing. She was given the best medical attention within the walls as supervised by Historia Reiss. But even with those skilled doctors, she still won't wake up.

It had to be the curse of her ability; her hair as we can see has turned fully red, but she was still breathing.

As we continued venturing outside the walls, we finally saw the ocean.

It was a large lake that stretched over the horizon. The sun shimmered down upon the waves as the water softly touches my barefoot.

Gwen would love this.

I sighed, sitting on one of the rocks as I watched everyone enjoying their time with the sand and water.

Hiruka sat beside me, his face drawn with sadness as he spoke. "They're letting her go if she doesn't wake up in a week."

My eyes widened and faced him with the same expression he had.

"I tried everything I could," he mumbled, "but they said she would just suffer more."

I buried my face in my hands as I let a tear slip discreetly.

After a few hours we decided to head back and visit her.

All of us walked in a cluster within the castle halls as we walked to where Gwen was.

"I'll talk to the doctors!" Eren said.

"They can't just let go of someone who's still breathing! She saved us and that's the least they could do!" Kinn argued.

"Quiet down," Hanji mumbled sadly as we stopped infront of the door.

I leaned my head against the door, then I lifted it back up, slowly opening the door wide open.

And I froze on my spot.

A back was turned away from us by the windowsill, her long red hair flowing against the wind as she peacefully looks down on the window.

We all froze, then I finally got myself to speak as I stepped forward.

"Gwen. . ." I mumbled.

She turned to my direction, scanning us up and down, then supressed an ear to ear smile.

"Levi."

I continued looking down, on the roses laid infront of me. Then I felt a soft finger brushing across my skin.

"Daddy, why are you crying?"

I turned to our daughter, which I held in my arms as she had a worried look on her face. Her turquoise green eyes reminded me of Gwen, making me shed another tear.

I took her head in my hand, softly caressing her raven-black hair. I gave her a kiss on the forehead as I carefully placed her on her feet.

"Hey mommy," Rose beamed, "I'm turning 5 today!"

Yes, Gwen was able to wake up from her 1 year coma. We got married days after that and had a daughter within our 9 years of marriage.

She was able to live up to her lifespan which ended three days ago, and now I'm standing beside her grave.

Unfair isn't it? She can save shifters' lives from their 13 years lifespan by injecting her blood in them like what we did to Eren and Armin.

The Attack, Founding, Colossal, Armored, Jaw, Cart and Beast Titan's powers are no longer in this world, all because of her.

She can save others, but she can't save herself; that's the consequence of being the Sovereign Titan's wielder.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt something pulling on my shirt.

"Look daddy!" Rose smiled, holding a rose in her hand. "It's beautiful!"

I brought myself to smile, watching our daughter living happily.

I knelt down to her level, gently grabbing her tiny shoulders.

"Why don't you go play with your uncles and aunties? Get ready for your party, daddy will stay here for awhile." I said stoicly, but softly.

She nodded joyfully, giving me one last hug before she ran up to Eren, Kinn, Aunt Faye, and the others.

"Rose! I have a present for you!" Hanji beamed, scooping her up in her arms.

Rose giggled, taking the wrapped box in her tiny hands.

"That better not be a titan doll, Hanji." Eren warned as everyone laughed.

I faced back to where Gwen laid, softly brushing my hand against her tombstone.

"The feeling's new, isn't it?"

I looked up, seeing Hiruka standing above me.

"Tch, yeah."

He brought out his hand and opened it, revealing Gwen's bracelet.

"Gwen told me to give it to you," Hiruka smiled as I took the bracelet. "I think it fits Rose."

I sighed, holding it closer to my chest.

Hey, brat. . .Gwen.

You made it.

And it's time for you to rest.

Say hello to Erwin and the others for me.

All these years fighting were worth it.

I love you, always remember that.

Then I slowly walked away.

Anddd that is the end for this book! Thank you for coming this far, I'm really grateful.

I'm sorry if the end was not the one you all expected, but I just had to :))

I hope you enjoyed "Never Forgotten"!

I will continue writing more Levi x OC fanfiction. . .so I created another book.

Title: STERN (Levi x OC fanfiction)
Please check it out if you want :)

For Haikyuu fans out there I made a Kageyama Tobio fanfiction!
Title: The Melody I played (Kageyama Tobio X Oc Fanfiction)

Thank you for all your support in this book, it really got me motivated to continue writing!

Thank you once again and have a great day!