Chapter 52

Gwen's POV

I rushed for my dead squadmate, checking for pulse even when I know it's hopeless.

"W-who would d-do this?" I trembled.

"Oi where the fuck is Gwen!" Levi shouted from the crowd, "What is going on here-"

I turned to his voice and our eyes made contact.

"L-L-Levi. . ." I stuttered weakly as he approached me. "We have to find out who did this."

Levi's eyes were cold, his expression was unreadable. He then noticed the paper and reached for it, but I took it first.

"Gwenyvere Yeager" It says. I opened the paper and read the three words written.

"Check your room."

Without wasting a second, a ran for my room, pushing anyone in my way as I fell on deaf ears from Levi's calls.

More people were running towards the direction of the forest, the news of Yuki's murder has probably spread throughout the whole HQ.

I finally reached the building where my room was located and hurriedly ran up the stairs, then I stood infront my door and slammed it open.

It was so empty.

Then a single paper was ontop of the nightstand. I took it and opened it.

"Maybe next time I'll go for someone more dear to you. If you don't want that, follow my instructions:
Go to the top of Wall Rose, nearest to where Shiganshina is.
Meet me there in a week.
Bring ONLY yourself. Not your lover captain, not your sidekick, not your titan brother, just yourself.
Or you'll get more than you deserved.
If you don't follow all these, you'll know what'll happen."

I read those words over and over again, hoping that all of these was just a dream.

Then Levi appeared by the door, he approached me and took the paper from my hand. He furrowed his thin eyebrows and read the letter, them he looked at me, instantly knowing what I was planning.

"You're not going there." Levi said coldly. "We'll think of something else."

"There's no other way Levi!" I yelled, shaking. "This is all my fault. My fault. My fault." I mumbled those phrases over and over.

"We'll discuss with Erwin about this," he said. "For now, don't ever leave my side."

"T-t-this is m-m-making me crazy L-L-Levi. . ." I knelt and hugged myself. "What do they want from me?"

"Let's go to the mess hall, Erwin's probably already gathered everyone," the raven haired man said.

"P-please just let me do it Levi," I begged.

Then he knelt down to my level, my turquoise orbs met his sharp, steel ones.

"You're not going anywhere, Gwen." He then grabbed my trembling body and wrapped his arms around. "We'll think of something that won't involve any sacrifices. . .that won't involve losing you."

I sobbed harder in his embrace as he continued talking.

"It's not your fault, we know you never wanted this to happen." Levi said calmly, "Just hold onto that necklace and think of roses, something that makes you happy."

I nodded and stood up, then we made our way to the mess hall.

--

Third person's POV

"Tsk.This gun's broken," said a man, sitting in his chair as he dropped the large, cylindrical bullet. "Anyway, did your request already."

"Was she able to read it?" asked Zeke.

He huffed out smoke and threw the cigaretter butt, "Of course. Added a few dramas here and there for her to be more convinced."

"What else did you do?" Zeke asked, suddenly interested.

"Why my specialty of course-killing!" replied the man proudly. "They don't call me-"

"Sir, you've got a client." A blond woman interrupted.

"I'm busy," he replied, annoyed and the woman left. "Anyway, you've got to keep your end of the bargain."

"The bargain hasn't ended yet," Zeke smirked. "My two spies will keep me updated, and if she comes, you'll have your pay."

"Tsk," he adjusted his fedora, "fine,"