Chapter 12

Gwen's POV

"I think that's enough training for today! The expedition's the day after tomorrow, we should be resting." I said as I pack my combat knives.

Hiruka unwraps the bandage around his hand and scans the bruises and scars from the extreme training. I took Hiruka to the secret cabin hidden in the woods to train him privately, he's probably gonna be Humanity's third strongest soldier soon, and I can't be more proud.

I was planning to tag Levi along, but he's busy, so I just decided to bring him here after the expedition.

We mounted on our horses and galloped our way back to headquarters.

Hiruka went to his room to take a rest so as the other cadets, then Gunther approaches me. "Lieutenant Gwen!" He saluted. "Corporal Levi wants you in his office now." I nodded then he left.

I made my way towards Levi's office, I didn't bother knocking and enyered right away. Upon entering the room, papers are scattered all over, a broken chair lays in the corner, and Levi sits in a chair with a scary aura.

"Levi, what happend?" I asked concerned and reached out for him. Then he slapped my hand away and I jumped back in shock.

"Stop fucking pretending, Gwen." He hissed.

What is he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I asked confused at what he said.

"You and that cadet Niyuri of yours are secretly dating, aren't you? There's no point in denying it."

Right now I'm really confused. "Me and Hiruka? Dating? Levi, you know I'd never betray you!"

"Liar!"

Tears are now forming in my eyes.
"Why won't you believe me! Don't you trust me?" I cried.

"No, I shouldn't have trusted you."

"Then you should've picked another girl when you knew you wouldn't trust me!"

"You know what? You're absolutely fucking right, I should've chose another girl!"

My heart shattered to pieces.

"Well what makes you think we're dating!?" I exclaimed, my voice beginning to crack.

"I have fucking proof and a witness, Gwen!" He throws a crumpled paper in my face, I read it and my eyes widened.

"I didn't write this! I swear! Whoever did this is destroying our relationship, Levi!"

"We are over."

My heart dropped, I stand there frozen.

"You may now fucking leave, Regaey."

I twisted the knob, I turned back to him and said, "I guess you didn't trust me this whole time." Then I left, sprinting to my room and collapsed on my bed.

I awoke the next morning, dried tears painting my face. I questioned why I was crying, then I remembered. Levi broke up with me, someone wants to destroy our relationship, forged my signature and wrote a fake love letter to Hiruka.

I need to find this bitch.

But I don't want to leave my room, I just wanna stay here and cry all day, but the corps will be having a meeting at the mess hall later.

I decided to skip breakfast. Then lunch came and I didn't eat either. My stomach grumbles after skipping two meals which I used to do back in Sina.

It was already 4 in the afternoon, and the meeting's at 5, then a knock came from my door.

"What the fuck do you want?" I said.

"It's Liela, Gwen. You've been there whole day and skipped breakfast and lunch. Are you okay?" She says in a concerned tone.

I relaxed knowing it was just Liela, "yeah I'm fine."

"The meeting starts in 30 minutes, Erwin expects you to be there."

"Okay." Then she walks away.

I still have 30 minutes to cry.

Then I cried. For the 10th time this afternoon.

30 minutes came by so fast and I got ready for the meeting. I looked through my drawers trying to find atleast a concealer to cover the big bags under my eyes, but unfortunately I didn't find one. I took a big sigh before exiting my room, then quietly walked to the mess hall, head facing the ground.

I slowly opened the door to make sure no one noticed my entrance but sadly, the door creaked loudly it made the whole cadets and officials turn their directions to me, even Levi.

"Gwen, good you're here!" Erwin said. "Why'd you skipped breakfast and lunch?"

"I overslept." I lied. Then Erwin nods.

"Hey shorty!" Hanji waves at me, "I left you a seat beside captain shortstack!"

My eyes trailed off to Levi, but he's focused on his tea.

"No thanks, Hanji." I replied as my back leans in the wall.

Erwin continues the meeting, reviewing formations and objectives for about 2 hours. Then after the meeting, the cadets remained in the mess hall for dinner, Hanji invites me to the table to sit beside her, but I decided to skip dinner and head to my room.

I just skipped 3 meals, I'm not suprised. My eyes started getting droopy then I drift off to sleep.