Chapter 34

Levi's POV

"Oi dumbass."

I was shaken out from my thoughts when a certain soldier said that.

"What? Are you gonna introduce yourself or not?" Gwen cocks her eyebrow.

I didn't realize I've been zoning out. My mind was full of confused thoughts, I had a lot to think about, and I still can't believe she's alive!

"Levi," I said.

"Levi what?"

"Just Levi." I replied bluntly.

Gwen tilted her head in confusion.
"And what are you to me?" She asked.

What am I to her? She really didn't remember anything. Everyone was now looking at me as if I would tell her the truth about our past. But truth be told, I was scared. Scared that she might think of me as a joke.

"No one special." I deadpanned. "You were just another brat." My heart ached at my own statement, but it's not the truth, she will always be someone special to me.

Everyone widened their eyes at my reply, but I shot them a death glare that made them look away.

"Ahh, good to know." She replied.

"Who do you think you are beating someone up? Did he do that to you too, Eren?" She scowls and turns her head towards her younger brother.

"Y-Yes N-Nee San," Eren stammers.
"B-But I believe it was n-necessary."

"HE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU TOO?" This time Gwen was yelling, then Hanji pulled her back to her seat to calm down.

I exhaled sharply then spoke. "I am your Corporal."

"Corporal my ass," she snorts. "Corporal or not, you are all the same soldiers fighting for humanity."

Her statement shocked me. All of a sudden, memories of when she first entered the Survery Corps came flashing back.

FLASHBACK

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"I am your Corporal, brat."

"Corporal my ass. Corporal or not, we are all the same soldiers fightin for humanity."

END OF FLASHBACK

I looked down as a smile crept its way up to my stoic face, she was still the same Gwen I met 4 years ago.

"Why are you smiling dipshit?" Gwen retorts.

"Tch."

I looked over at Erwin and Hanji who was smiling back at me, they remembered that moment we first talked.

"This is a waste of time," I said as I stood up from my chair, heading for the door. "Shortie, where are you going?" Hanji said.

"I have paperwork." Then I left the room.

Gwen's POV

What was his problem? My eyes followed the short man's figure as he walks out and slams the door.

"Pathetic guy." I mumbled to myself.

"Gwen." The commander with bushy brows calls for my attention.

"What?"

"Since you're alive and back, do you still want to continue to protect humanity?" Erwin asked seriously.

"Do it Nee-San." My brother encourages me from behind.

Do I still want to protect mankind?

"For Eren, yes. I will continue serving mankind." Absent mindedly, my right fist found its way curled up on my left side of my chest, what am I doing?

"I see, you remembered the salute." Erwin said with a glint of sparkle in his eyes.

"Is this a fighting stance?" I questioned confusingly.

The cadets and officers laughed at my question which left me confused.
"What the fuck are you fools laughing at?!" I scowled, then they all shut up.

"It's a salute, Gwen." Hanji said as she wipes tears from her eyes.

"Shinzou wo sasageyo." I murmured. Those words slipped out of my mouth unintentionally.

"And you also remember our motto!" Hiruka exclaims.

I sat there confused. "I don't know. It came out of nowhere."

"That doesn't matter now." Erwin said. "Do you feel comfortable sharing to us about everything you remembered?"

I can barely remember anything, and yet I have to share a few pieces of my memories to them. I locked eyes with my brother, his eyes begging for affirmation, and I can't say no to him.

"Yes," I sighed. "But we'll do it tomorrow, I'll have to arrange my thoughts."

"Alright. Thank you, Gwen." Erwin and the others nodded their heads.
"Who would like to volunteer to show Gwen around the quarters and escort to her room?" The commander asked. Then a girl, who I recalled was named Liela, raised her hand.

"I'll do it Commander."

"Alright then, I'll leave her to you. Everyone, dismissed."

And with that, everyone left the office.