Chapter 57

Gwen's POV

It's an hour left before sunset, an hour left and we'll be on our way to where Reiner and Bertholdt will take us.

I sat quietly, listening to their conversations, not giving a damn about everything around me. It's impossible to escape with titans below us and we don't have our maneuver gears. I can't transform and Eren and Ymir has reached their limits. It's hopeless.

Then a green flare shot up in the sky.

It's the Survey Corps!

"T-the S-survey Corps are coming Reiner!" Bertholdt said, noticing the multiple green and red flares in the sky.

"Shit!" Reiner cursed, "Now is not the time to be talking about Krista, we need to get going."

"But now is the chance to take her!" Ymir argued.

"We'll take her we promise! Just not now!" Reiner fired back and strapped my unconscious brother on his back.

"Then I'll transform," she threatened, "don't you think this is the perfect environment for me? I can move swiftly through the trees, take Gwen and Eren and just simply meet up with the Survey Corps?"

The two glared at each other, until Reiner finally gave up.

---

Lighting struck from afar, deeper in the woods.

"That's a titan transformation!" Armin said.

Who could have transformed? Everyone thought to themselves.

But the cadets still continued maneuvering forward.

Until they saw a strange looking titan sticking to the trees, peering down. Then it turned to the group.

"Titan!" A cadet yelled, "I'll kill you--"

"Stop!" Conny yelled from behind and swiftly maneuvered to the titan.

Everyone abruptly stopped, keeping a 6 meter distance as Conny stood ontop of the titan's big head.

"Conny! What are you doing? Get away from there!" shouted Jean.

"This titan is Ymir!"

Everyone widened their eyes in shock and gripped tightly on their blades.

"Ymir, where's Eren?" Conny asked, expecting an answer, but there was none. "Hey ugly!"

Ymir scanned everyone's faces one by one, from Armin to Mikasa to Jean, making them wonder what she was doing.

Why is she looking at each of us? Armin thought.

Then a certain blonde emerged from the trees.

"Ymir!" Krista shouted.

Too fast for the cadets to see, Ymir jumped off the tree upon seeing Krista. Their distance closed, then Ymir opened her mouth.

"Huh. . ." Krista's expression turned to a frown.

Then Ymir ate Krista and dashed off.

The cadets shared the same look of confusion.

"Krista!" Armin shouted. "What is Ymir doing!" She might be teaming up with Reiner and Bertholdt.

Everyone followed Ymir, unable to catch up with her speed.

She's leading us to the Reiner, Mikasa thought.

Then they saw them. Reiner, Bertholdt, Eren, and Gwen. Mikasa widened her eyes and picked up her pace.

"Ymir's coming," Bertholdt informed, "Swallow Gwen, she'll survive the heat. We'll just cut her out after this." Reiner nodded as he took a knife and injured himself, transforming into a titan. Gwen struggled to be free as Reiner took her body in his hands and placed her in his mouth.

"Mmph!" Gwen muffled as the Armored Titan's mouth enclosed, leaving her in the dark. Then she felt herself being pushed backwards.

No, no, no! He's swallowing me! Gwen tried her best to hold on to one of its mouth, but her hands slipped, sending her falling into the Armored Titan's stomach.

Levi's POV

"Eld, everyone in position?" I asked.

"Yes sir!" He replied.

I looked up as I saw the sky slowly turns a softer shade of orange and pink.

"Switch to your ODM gears now!" I commanded as we entered the forest. I shot my hook tree by tree and continued maneuvering forward with my squad behind me.

I focused on the path ahead of me, scanning every tree.

Could have they gone that far?

A few minutes of gliding through the thick trees, Hiruka Squad appeared to my left as what we planned.

"Erwin's group are just below us," Hiruka informed, "he told me to inform you that the right and left wing will be advancing to the end of the forest."

I nodded and turned to my squad with my usual expressionless face. "Get back on your horses and follow Erwin's group." We ungrapple our hooks and landed on our horses, trailing behind Erwin.

I noticed the horde of titans behind us and saw some of the Military Police dying in their hands. My black stallion galloped faster as I aligned with Erwin in the front.

"We're nearing the end of the forest, no sign of them?" I asked stoicly.

Then we were finally out of the forest, no more trees surrounding us, just a vast area full of hills and flowers.

"No sign--" then Erwin paused as he turned to the side.

The Armored Titan just emerged from the forest, with another titan on its back.

There it is. Now's my chance.

I was about to take a detour when Erwin stopped me.

"Stick to the plan Levi."

I glared at him and continued following the position.

"There's a path here that'll lead us straight to the Armored Titan. We'll lead the titans there!" Erwin commanded.

"B-but Commander are you sure?" a cadet questioned.

"Tch. Just follow damn brat," I spat impatiently, eager to get this done.

They all nodded and followed us with titans swarming behind.

I gripped tightly on my blade, preparing to engage. Then as our horses turned to a curve, we are now facing the Armored Titan, charging straight towards us.

My grip on my horse loosened as my hand took the other blade, waiting for Erwin's orders.

I'll kill anyone who gets in my way.

"Soldiers! Disperse!"

Then we drove our horses to the side, just in time for me to grapple on the small titan that hung behind Reiner.

Then the Armored Titan collided with the horde of titans.