Chapter 17

Trial day

Third-person POV

The Scout Regiment, Military Police, and the Cadet Corps are all gathered in court to witness the titan shifter, Eren's trial wether he can be of help to humanity or a threat.

"He deserves to die!" Some of the military police shouts.

"Quiet down everyone." Darius commanded. "Eren Yeager, since when did you know about your ability?"

Eren replied, "I didn't. I remembered getting swallowed by a titan then it was all blurry."

"So you sealed the hole in wall rose as ordered by Commander Pixis?"

"Yes, your honor."

Darius nods, then Eren continues speaking.

"As I was about to near the wall, four titans were approaching me," Dairus nods, "I was defenseless that time. Then a black hooded figure killed all four in less than 5 seconds."

"What do you know of this black hooded person?"

"She's female. I wasn't able to see her face but she-"

"Liar!" Nile cuts Eren off, "he's just stalling time!"

"Yeah!" Fat merchants yells.

"Maybe she's a titan too!" Someone points at Mikasa. "We should dissect her too incase!"

Anger wells up inside of Eren, "Hey! Leave her out of this! I'm the titan here, she's innocent!"

"First off, you've never even seen a Titan! So why are you so afraid? If those with strength don't fight, who will? If you're too scared to fight for your lives, then at least don't hinder me! You cowards." Eren yells, a shotgun points its direction to Eren.

Then a foot made contact with Eren's face, continuosly beating him up.

---

Hanji dabs a cloth in Eren's face to clean him up, Eren jumped back when someone sits beside him as he crosses his legs.

"Eren, do you resent me?" Levi asks.

"N-No, sir. I think it was necessary!" Eren responds.

"Good." Levi nods, "oi, Hanji. Hurry up we have a meeting with Erwin at 3. Bring that titan brat." Then he leaves the room.

"I'm sorry about him," Hanji says, "he's just been through a lot."

Eren was about to ask but decided not to.

"Err...he lost someone, a lover, 2 years ago." Hanji trails off. Eren suddenly felt sad for the short captain, "oh, I'm sorry." He says.

"But whenever I look at you, I see her! You reminded me of her!" Hanji beams, frown turned to a smile. "What does she look like?" Eren questioned.

"Let's see. She's got brown hair like yours, and those turquoise eyes like yours too! But she's short, shorter than corporal shorty."

"S-she does?"

"Yep! But let's stop worrying about that, we got a meeting with eyebrows."

Then Hanji and Eren started walking towards the commander's office.

---

Commander Erwin, Corporal Levi, Section Commander Hanji, Lieutenant Hiruka, and the other higher-ups gather around Erwin's office together with Eren.

"Eren," Erwin starts, "we're glad to officially have you here in the Scout Regiment and to be in Levi's squad. You have my deepest respects."

"Thank you, commander." Eren salutes.

"However, we want to discuss a few things that happened when you sealed the wall."

Eren nods.

"You said something about a black hooded person that saved your life?" Erwin asks.

"Yes, sir. I thought she might be one of your cadets or someone from the scout. No one could ever move that fast."

Levi tensed up.
"How fast is she?" Hiruka asks.
"She was able to kill all four titans in less than 5 seconds." Eren stated.

"Are you exagerrating? Or is it the truth?" Erwin raises his eyebrow.

"It's the truth, sir."

"I see. No one could move that fast except for Levi and Hiruka here. She must be from somewhere."

Eren tried remembering a few pieces that happened, "she also knows my name."