Chapter 26

Third-person POV

Levi sits in his chair, thinking deeply.

"Coincidence? No, I don't think so. Regaey and Yeager can possibly be two different surnames but then again, what would Gwen wanted me to find in her information folder? Eren and her even have the same brunette hair and turquoise eyes! Eren lost his sister when he was young, Gwen lost her brother when she was young too! They could've been separated." Levi rubs his temples as he mumbles to himself. He stood from his chair and walked to the stables.

He mounted on his black horse and drove away to Mitras, Wall Sina.

---

Levi stops infront of a big manor in the City of Mitras, he brings his fist up and knocks. The door slowly opened revealing a middle aged woman.

"Lance Corporal Levi! What brings you here?" The woman says as she gestures for the captain to come in.
Levi sits in a table while the woman pours him a cup of tea.

He cleared his throat then spoke, "You must be Faye Regaey?"

"That's me!" She beams.

"Gwen's guardian/aunt?" Levi questions.

"Yep." She says popping the 'p'. "Anyway, how's my niece doing?" She continues.

"Dead." He replied flatly, but deep down he was hurting. She didn't reply, her smile turns into a frown at his response.

Levi decided to get straight to the point, "I want you to be completely honest with me, Miss Faye Yeager."

Faye's eyes widened at what Levi said. "H-How?"

"Eren joined the scouts."

"E-Eren? Thank God he's alive!" She praises.

Levi narrowed his eyes, he leans forward, and wears an intimidating look. "Now tell me honestly, what other lies did you tell her?"

The middle aged woman regains her posture, takes a deep breath and spoke.

"Grisha separated Gwen and Eren when they were young, she was 12, and he was 7. He lent me an unconscious Gwen, told me to take care of her until she grows. I was confused then, but I never question my brother, I trust him for he knows what he's doing. He told me to lie about everything that happened, even her name."

Levi sits boredly, but he was shocked in the inside.

"Gwen woke up with no memories at all. I pitied her, she only remembered her name was Gwen, she never remembered Gwenyvere Rose Yeager. So I lied to her, gave her the name Gwen Regaey. I lied to her, told her her family died. She believed my lies..."

Faye was now crying, "IF I HAD THE CHOICE, I WOULD NEVER LIE TO HER! But Grisha said it was for the best."

Levi stares at the crying lady then spoke. "Every night, nightmares haunt her. Specifically, memories. She calls those memories nightmares. You have no idea how she badly she wants to remember everything."

Silence filled the air. Faye stops crying and looks at Levi in the eyes. "My niece is in a better place now, I hope. But I believe Grisha's words, she and Eren will save all of us."

Levi nodded in response, he stood from his chair. "I'll be taking my leave now. Thank you."

He headed for the door and exits the big house.

---

"Gwen, you've been through alot. You've been lied to your whole life, but as much as I convince myself to hold on, it's time to let you go. I have to move on, Gwen. But you'll never be forgotten. You'll always have a special place in my heart. You made me happy when no one else did, you made me feel loved. I was a lonely man until you showed up, but you left me, and I'll have to be lonely again. You're in a better place now, my love."

Levi said those words as he talks to Gwen's grave, clutching the bracelet. "This will be my last time visiting this grave, I have to move on. I love you, always."
Tears sinked into the soil each second.
He places a blanket in the ground and lies down beside the grave as he cries himself to sleep.