Chapter 65

Gwen's POV

The day's almost ending, and the scouts aren't here yet.

They'll save me right? They'll listen to Kinn.

I paced back and forth in my cell room, stealing glares at Bertholdt who just stood timidly by the door.

But I know Erwin and Levi too well -- they won't let Eren get captured.

Then I remembered Kinn saying Kenny wanted Historia too, but why?

If they were to receive a warning, Erwin would make a plan, a diversion. But what if it had gone wrong?

What if Eren and Historia were captured?

My legs gave out from exhaustion. I slid down the cold wall, bringing my knees up to my chest. The conversation with Mrs. Springer was still stuck in my head. Was I able to turn her back or. . .did I kill her?

Come to think of it, I haven't fully read everything in the book. Only half of it. . .but those half were almost enough to give me confidence in my abilities.

I just didn't know what's with changing my hair color to red. I just got to be cautious.

And the hometown they're taking us.

I stood up and walked near the bars, faking a nausea. "B-Bertholdt," I covered my mouth with my hand as I was about to puke, "p-please help me. C-come h-here. . .e-everything hurts."

Bertholdt turned to me, an expression mixed of doubt and worry, but he walked closer until he was right infront of me nonetheless.

"S-should I call Zeke?" He asked shakingly.

I nodded my head. He turned away, before he was about to take a step, I reached my arms out and locked his neck with it. I dragged him nearer, his back hitting the bars.

He struggled, using both of his arms to try escape, then I hardened my whole arms with crystal.

. . .even in human form, the inheritor is capable of hardening and covering his/her limbs and skin with unbreakable crystal and solid armor.

I smirked as I can picture Bertholdt's eyes widening while I secure myself with crystals. "Where are the keys to this damn cell." I mumbled, using my other hand to search for the keys.

"HELP--" I covered his mouth before someone could hear him. I neared my mouth to his ear and whispered, "If you do that again, don't think I can't blow your head off."

I can feel him gulp, then I removed my hand from his mouth, "They're. . .w-w-" I slightly loosened my strength, letting him speak. "W-with Z-Zeke."

Shit I can't get out any sooner. I just need to rely on the corps.

"You know, Hoover," I started, "you disappoint me."

"Please let me go," he pleaded.

Ignoring his plead, I got straight to the point, "What is this hometown of yours?" He didn't respond, only continued to struggle for air.

I tightened my lock on his neck as he struggled harder.

"You're going to tell me, right here and right now, Bertholdt. Then I'll release you." I growled.

"P-please d-don't d-do this G-Gwen. . ." He said, teardrops falling on my crystal covered arm.

"Then tell me, the name and where."