Chapter 10

Levi's POV

I can't believe it. I can't believe she's mine now. Ever since she made her appearance in the 103rd Cadet Corps and joined the Scout Regiment, that's when I first laid my eyes on her. Day by day, month by month, I was slowly falling for that brat. And now I can call her mine.

My eyes lazily fluttered to the morning sun, infront of me lays a beautiful view. Her arms wrapped around my waist, her face snuggled up to my chest. I kissed the top of her head as I unwrap her arms around my waist and got out of bed.

I silently made my way to the bathroom shower, after I put my uniform on, I walked towards Gwen's room.

Her room is clean, but not as clean as mine. I opened the drawer and took out her uniform, then blushed while getting her underwears and went back to my room to leave her clothes.

I took out a paper and pen then wrote a letter saying that I went to eat breakfast and got a meeting with Erwin at 9.

My eyes trailed off to her wrist, I noticed a bracelet she never wore before, made of steel with 3 roses. I knew she always loved roses. I pecked her cheeks then walked to the mess hall.

"Short-stack!"

"It's early in the morning and you're already yelling dipshit!" I scowled at Hanji who was looking extremely happy.

"Ahhh captain Shorty is in love!" She squeals which makes the whole cadets turn their attention towards her.

"Oi brats! What the fuck are you looking at? 100 laps after breakfast! And stable duty for the whole month!" The cadets' faces turns pale and they all went back to eating. "And you," I shot Hanji a glare, "mind your fucking business!"

Hanji still stands there grinning like a maniac. I took my seat and drank my usual black tea.

The doors opens as Gwen walks in the mess hall, she walks towards our table a cup in hand and sits beside me.

"Morning, Levi!" She greets.

"Tch." I grabbed her chin and placed a peck on her lips. "Awwwe!" Around us, the whole table was cooeing and teasing us. Gwen was blushing from embarassment but I kept my cool.

Third-person POV

Levi and Gwen separated after breakfast, Levi to meet with Erwin, and Gwen to help the cadets train. Gwen approached the training grounds to see the cadets sparring with one another.

"Aight!" Gwen called for everyone's attention, "Find a partner and get in your stances. We'll be doing knife combat."

The cadets obeyed and scurried to find their partners, soon they were all now in stances, but Gwen noticed Hiruka without a partner.

"Hiruka! You'll be sparring with me." Gwen called.

"Since your the most skilled fighter in the squad, or the whole cadets perhaps, I won't go easy on you."

Hiruka nodded and they began.

He charges at Gwen, attacking straightforward eh? Gwen says to herself. But Gwen's eyes widened when Hiruka was out of her sight.

Dammit.

Hiruka slid underneath, in between her legs and attempts to take the knife, Gwen was almost caught off guard but luckily she was able to recover in time and jumped back. She throws a punch, he blocks, he throws a punch, she blocks.

Hiruka did improve. Gwen thought proudly.

Hiruka does a side kick but Gwen grabbed it in time with her vacant hand and twists his leg. He grabs Gwen's small body and lifts her up, but Gwen grabbed both of his shoulders and pushed him down to the ground then she backflips and lands gracefully on the ground.

Hiruka quickly stands up and attacks Gwen with the knife, she blocks it with her knife then punches him straight in the jaw. Then she kicks him, sending him flying backwards, Gwen charges at Hiruka to take the knife from his hand, but Hiruka pulled her down and he was now straddling her.

She grits her teeth as she thinks of a plan, a strategy to escape in this kind of situations. He reaches for the knife, once his head neared hers, she bumps her head to his forehead.

A simple attack, but quite effective. She smirks at her achievement.

He stands up, clutching his head with both hands, than got into his fighting stance once more. He charges again, kick, block, punch, block. It was Gwen's turn to take the offense, she throws a fake punch but was actually aiming for the knife, but he was quick enough. They were exchanging punches and kicks, then Gwen did an uppercut and saw her advantage. She cartwheels towards Hiruka and with a kick, the knife flies out of his grasp and lands on her hand. She took Hiruka by the neck, one knife infront and one in the nape, then the spar ended.

"Wow!" Gwen said while panting. "You have really improved, Hiruka! You almost got me there."

Hiruka wipes off sweat from his forehead and replies, "still a bit rusty in defending though."

"Come, I'll teach you my tricks. It'll be handy one day, Hiruka. Titans aren't the only enemies of humanity." Gwen stated.

Hiruka obeyed Gwen as she teaches him her best skills, and it took one wholeday for Hiruka to learn from his lieutenant.