Chapter 43

Gwen's POV

After finally realizing that Levi was no longer watching me, I excused myself from the group and quietly walked to the stables.

Arion neighed upon seeing me. I fed her a carrot and led her to the entrance of the forest. I scanned the area and made sure no one saw me.

I mounted on Arion and made my way to the little cabin for some time alone.

---

After releasing Arion, I took off my 3DM Gear and headed directly for the training grounds.

I train to distract myself from my thoughts.

I took off my shirt, leaving me only with a sports bra and started punching the tree bark with my bare knuckles. I sent alternate kicks and multiple punches, but stopped when I felt a stinging pain.

My knuckles and feet were full of scratches and blood, and only so little steam was coming out.

I'm regenerating slower than before.

I ignored the pain and applied herbal leaves.

"Gah!" for the first time I hissed in pain due to scars. After wrapping a bandage, I decided to move to knife combat. I grabbed the dagger I onced admired before and started repeatedly slashing.

"Levi gave me this dagger huh?" I mumbled in between sweats. "Why didn't he say anything? I think this might also help get my memory-"

The trees from the west started rustling. Then I heard zippings and grapples, as if it was someone using a 3DM Gear.

The sun was setting and I wondered who could be using a maneuver gear in the middle of the forest when night's coming?

Then the sounds stopped.

Everything around me was so silent.

Then I started feeling suspicious. I tightened my grip on the dagger and prepared for any possible ambush.

Shit. My gear's back inside the cabin. Guess I'll just have to whistle for Arion.

Then I heard something clicked behind me.

I turned around and-

I fell to my knees, clutching my ears as only a loud, painful ringing can be heard. Then gas was filling the atmosphere, making me feel dizzy, my eyes about to close shut-

"There's our chance!"

Someone swooped down and slashed my stomach with the maneuver's blade, making me conscious again. Blood was rushing out from the big wound, but I ignored it and chose to fight.

Suddenly realizing the situation I was in, I whistled for Arion, but it might take her minutes to respond. I clasped my hand over my mouth and nose to avoid fainting again and searched the area for a strategy.

"You're supposed to knock her out! Not bring her back to consciousness!" yelled a man's voice from a near distance.

"S-sorry!"

Then another man zipped over and dug the sword behind my back.

I coughed out blood and seethed my teeth in pain.

The gas is slowly going away. I can handle this. But I have to avoid transforming.

Another zip was coming, instinctively I stepped to the side before another blade touches me. I grabbed his arm and used my dagger to stab whatever part of his body.

Then lightning struck.

And I was blown away by the gust of wind.

I groaned in pain with a sword still in my back. My body was about to give up. My organs were crushed. My vision was blurry, until I looked up.

The Armored Titan hovering above me.

Then I transformed.