16 | dating ban

Yohan~

"It wasn't any of their fault. It was simply the situation they were in..." I began explaining to Olivia. I thought hard, since it was a while ago- but even to this day, I know that Mingyu still thinks of her.

"Was it a good relationship?" Liv sat down beside me, while we hanged out the children's park.

"Heck yeah, it was. I've never seen a couple so in love, and especially at such an early age..." I started shaking my head. "But the company found out about their relationship. It was either they break up, or one of them had to leave the company."

"And that's why Mingyu left... but why did they still break apart?"

"He didn't want to put her career at risk. He loved her so much, he let go. Both her and his passion for music. He also didn't stay in the company, because it would hurt him to see her everyday when she's not his anymore."

"That's just... horrible," her eyebrows furrowed. "The dating ban is so stupid."

"I agree. It hurt both of them greatly, and it even ruined Mingyu's dreams... they still seem affected by it. Also, it may seem that Chaewon really hates him- but it's because of what the company did. After he left, they made white lies to make sure she wouldn't get back with him again."

__________________________

Olivia~

"Hey, I'm so sorry for taking you there." I handed Chaewon a box of chicken and beer, as peace offering. She just laughed and let me into her condominium.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything, but I'll take the food!" She opened the box and squealed at the wonderful smell. "Bet Yohan's loud ass already told you."

"Yeah, he did. It must be really hard for you right now." I tried to comfort her but she just shook her head.

"I'm totally fine. After seeing him, I actually felt relieved that he's doing so well. Yohan probably told you about the company lying to me, and it's true- I only found out after debuting. After pushing him away, and literally ruining his career. I'm surprised he doesn't have any grudges against me."

"Do you still love him?" I asked and regretted it right after. It must be a sensitive question.

"Of course, I do... it's Kim Mingyu," She let out a bittersweet smile. "Best boyfriend I've ever had. No one could ever replace him."

"Why don't you get back with him?" Shut up, Liv. You're asking too many questions.

"We talked for a while at the café. Mingyu mentioned that he's doing well in university and all that... it kinda really hit me. I don't wanna be the one to pull him down once again, especially now that he seems very successful."

___________________________

Yohan~

"I wanted to hug Chaewon right there, and thank goodness I restrained myself from doing so. It's like my feelings for her came back all at once during that single moment, and my chest wanted to just burst open." Mingyu talked about his innocent feelings.

"Why don't you just ask her out again? There's no company or media watching the both of you anymore, so you can finally be together freely." Hearing myself say that, it sounds way too ambitious. Especially after what these two went through after their breakup.

"She doesn't seem interested in me anymore."

*Flashback*

The whole dorm room immediately went silent once Mingyu arrived, since all six of us trainees already knew what happened. Problem is, we don't know how to comfort him. Is there even a way to?

"You're actually leaving?" Hyeongjun's eyes started to water as Mingyu took out his suitcase. He didn't respond and only continued to pack his belongings.

"Mingyu-" I tried to pat his shoulders but he pushed me down.

"Stop pretending like you care! You easily get away with your shit, because you have a different girl every week. Don't think we're the same, because I will never be like you." His eyes started to water as he hit himself, trying to hold back his tears.

"You can blame me all you want, if that makes you feel better." I assured him and his knees finally gave in. Mingyu fell on the floor, and began bawling his heart out.

This is the first time any of us have seen him cry.

Whenever he felt down or hurt, he always hid the pain behind a smile. Mingyu didn't want to burden us, so he always lied to us and to himself about his own feelings.

"I lost everything."

*End of Flashback*

The countless amount of times I saw him cry after that.

__________________________

THAT LIL CHOREO X1 POSTED YESTERDAY KSKSKS SO EXCITED IT LOOKS SOOOO GOOD

Song: Ong Seongwu (옹성우) - Our Story (우리가 만난 이야기)