50 | rush hour

Olivia~

Our engagement news really did shock everyone. There were lots of disapprovals, especially from my mom- it's still gonna take a while, but it's for sure getting there. Yunseong was quite upset at first but he quickly got over it; we're still good friends up to this day. However, there's also many who support us. Like X1, for example.

Yohan's definitely been much more affectionate towards me. Always picking me up from school, taking me out on little dates, treating me with such care... I love it. Most importantly, I love being with him.

I've sneaked him into the house multiple times, but my mom would always kick him out. As time goes by, I could tell that she's been more passive. Somehow, she's starting to approve of him little by little.

"Can I come over today?" I just finished my last exam of the semester and I literally just wanna cuddle with him. I also have only one more semester left, then I'm officially done university.

"Of course! Let's go buy some food first- I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while." Yohan interlocked his fingers with mine as we got inside the subway. The red seats are currently filled since it's rush hour, so we ended up having to stand. The subways here are definitely more shaky than the ones in Korea.

"Don't worry, I won't cook anything." I rolled my eyes at him.

"No! I wanna eat more of your cooking- I swear." He pouted like a small puppy.

"You're just gonna throw them away." I crossed my arm and acted all petty. He suddenly kissed my cheek and I blushed. We also heard a few "tsk" in the background.

"I'll have to get used to it. Once we're married, we'll both have to cook for our children. Your food is actually really good, I was just very mean at that time."

"You don't have to lie, it's okay- I will try to not poison our kids." I pinched his soft cheeks.

We arrived at FreshCo and just bought ingredients for salad, then pre-made food that we could just heat up in the oven. We'll start eating each others cooking once we're married... but not right now.

Even though I'm literally old enough to live alone now, my mom still likes to know where I'm going and when I'm gonna get home. She literally stays up until I get home safe and sound- she became even more paranoid after Yohan came back into my life.

"Mama, I'm gonna stay at Yohan's place for the night..." I held the phone away from my face, waiting for her to start screaming.

"I'm gonna go there and drag you home- I really hate that guy. Also, stop giving me that "he's my fiancé" talk. He's just gonna stand you up on your wedding day!" There she goes again.

"Yohan, are you gonna stand me up on our wedding day?" I asked him so that my mom could hear.

"No, I won't. I'll marry you and make you happy forever." He raised his voice to be heard through the phone.

"Mama, did you hear that?" I replied in a teasing tone. She suddenly hung up and texted me something.

"What does it say?" Yohan asked and we both checked at the same time.

You never listen to me! Go do whatever you want- I won't ever like that guy

"Hey, at least I get to stay." I wrapped my arm around his neck and he chortled.

"I guess I need to start courting your mother too. Hopefully one day she can approve of me," He wrapped his hands around my waist. "Is there anything that she likes?"

"My mom likes everything except putting me in danger... and you." I'm not trying to hurt his feelings, but I don't want to lie either.

"I'll just try harder, then."

___________________________

You silly ducks! The word was: "nicer" or "loyal" sksskkks lmao

Song: DAY6 (데이식스) — About Now (지금쯤)