Ch 1 - Innocent

Disclaimer : Mo Dao Zu Shi belongs to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. This fanfic only created for my own obsess ... No profit gain.
______________________________________

It's another peaceful day at the Cloud Recesses. While Lan QiRen too absorbed with his teaching, Wei WuXian started to feel drowsy. He used to be moving around a lot, being his mischievous self. He turned to look at Lan WangJi and surprised when their eyes locked. His traitorous heart skip a beat. He quickly turned to the front, but by mistake had spilt some ink on his table. Startled by his own mishap, he tried to swipe the blank talismans on his table away from the spilt ink and got himself paper cut.

"Ouch!" gasped Wei WuXian. It was quite deep too and his blood swelling out, as his eyes were seeking out the other younger Lan's eyes. As expected, those honey brown eyes narrowed slightly at him and Wei WuXian thought he saw slight concerns. He blink his eyes and no trace of concern on the emotionless face.

"What was that?" asked Lan QiRen in  mid-lecturing as he turned around. A displeased scowl plastered on his face as he was scanning the hall. The whole lecture hall was lull into silence.

"Sorry, Master Lan! I've accidentally spilt some ink..." explained Wei WuXian sheepishly. Unnoticed by him, but not by Lan WangJi's watchful eye, a fat drop of his blood had mixed into the inkwell. Jiang Cheng shakes his head as if to make himself dislodged of the unimportant information. Jiang YanLi glanced back in concerns but quickly reassured by Wei WuXian's shy smile.

"Reckless!" commented Lan QiRen before he returned to his lecture. Wei WuXian heaves a breath, feeling he just escaped a noose. He put his bleeding finger to his mouth in his attempt to stop the bleeding, none the wiser of the chance happening.

.. .. .. .. ..

After cleaning up his table, Wei WuXian once again was droning out Lan QiRen and daydreaming of all the pranks to do.

"Now," Wei WuXian snapped out of his daydreaming. "I want each of you to write on your talisman any array you so choose then write the command word, like 'defence', 'fire', or 'water'. Then you can try to activate it by channelling some spiritual energy." Lan QiRen instructed as he started to walk along the aisle to inspect their works.

Wei WuXian was staring at his talisman for a few seconds, before he dipped his brush into the ink pot. He started the array with elegant penmanship, copying the array meticulously but he ended the process by writing the command word with flourish.

"What did you write on your talisman?" whispers Nie HuaiSang once he saw Lan QiRen had walked quite far away. Wei WuXian take another glance at his talisman and smile softly. He throws a look with a proud smirk at the timid young master.

"Protection," he announced softly.

"Why protection?" asked Nie HuaiSang confused. As the second young master of Nie Clan and as young as he is, he still haven't gone through the need to protect something or someone.

"Why not protection?" returns Wei WuXian challengingly.

"Umm... I thought maybe you'll make light, wind, fire or water..." trailed Nie HuaiSang, suddenly flipping open his hand fan and hide behind it. Wei WuXian stared at his friend surprised.

"You're right... I wanted to do that but I've changed my mind," admitted Wei WuXian easily. He was confident that he'll be able to attack but there's no guarantee that whoever or whatever he's trying to protect will be safe.

'This is a talisman to protect the most important things in my life...'

.. .. .. .. .. ..

Lan WangJi stared at Wei WuXian's visage and at those talismans he wrote. He frowned slightly remembering the incident that happened minutes ago.

A fat drop of his blood ....

'I'll need to be prepared for any further problems that might arise.' thought Lan WangJi resolutely.

Lan WangJi looked at his Uncle standing at the front of the lecture hall. Hopefully, whatever that might have happen won't garner a lot of Uncle's attention. He needed to be prepared if he want to prevent any situation from becoming worst.

______________&&__________&&____________

A/n - Hi, this is my first time writing this fanfic. Please give your thoughts on this story. I can't promise anything, but will try to update regularly.

Thanks!

Published (October 2019)
508 words

Revised (19/1/2020)
665 words

2nd edit (31 Oct 2021)