Chapter 3

"I don't know, Jen" Lisa said in response to her best friend, putting two glasses of orange juice that she got from the fridge on the coffee table. "How to tell if she likes me? She seems like she doesn't even want to hang out with me"

She slammed her body on the sofa, sitting next to Jennifer as she kept a straight face that looked like a 5 year old kid who didn't get the toy she wanted.

It was her best friend who introduced Tsukiko Food Stall to her over a year ago. Jennifer bought the very first yakisoba from that place for Lisa to taste and it hooked her ever since.

"The main question is," Another Kim in the room interrupted, walking out from the kitchen since she helped Lisa with the dishes after dinner. "Does she like woman at all?"

The question that just came out from Jisoo Kim's mouth really made Lisa dazed and bewildered, getting her hope to own her dream woman, crushed, temporarily of course since she wasn't sure yet if Chae was straight or not.

"Well, I caught her staring at me before, like checking me out" Lisa gave a statement, providing an evidence to support herself. "That's why I thought she might be interested in me"

"When was that?" Jisoo asked again right before Jennifer could say a word.

"At the food stall, I came to buy yakisoba that time" Lisa put her shoulder length hair to the back of her ear. "She did that two times? Or three?" She provided extra details to it just to make herself sounded less stupid for having feelings for a woman who most likely didn't feel the same.

Jisoo pushed out the heavy breath that was loud enough for the other two women to hear, claiming her spot on the sofa. "Lisa, she was probably just conforming if you are really the female Sherlock Holmes people talk about"

"Babe" Jennifer tried to stop her wife as she gave a soft slap on Jisoo's thigh. "Don't be that hard on Lisa. She really likes Chae"

"I'm not being hard, I'm just being real" Jisoo said. "I don't want her to get heartbroken"

Jisoo had her own reason for not encouraging Lisa to continue daydreaming about Chae Richards. It was because Lisa just came out from the closet. Even her wife, Jennifer, who had been friends with Lisa for more than 10 years had no idea that the younger woman was also interested in girls.

These feelings Lisa had for Chae were still new and exciting. And having a real woman crush on someone for the first time could be scary if that person didn't have the same interests. Jisoo didn't mean any harm but merely telling Lisa about certain things and the way they were.

"What do you know about Chae Richards so far, Lisa?" Jennifer asked.

Sighing weakly, Lisa answered her best friend. "Apart from where she works, nothing else"

Jisoo joined in. "She could have a boyfriend already, or a fiance"

"I don't see any ring on her" Lisa uttered.

"She's a cook, Lisa. I don't think she's allowed to wear jewellery while working"

"But she-" Lisa stopped herself, sighing before she continued again as she lowered her head. "She smiled at me"

Jennifer took that few seconds of silence after Lisa spoke as her chance to give her response again. "What kind of smile?"

"I don't know how to explain it, but it's just, different"

"Not a kind of smile she gives to her customers?"

"Yeah, definitely not like that" Lisa said, crossing her arms. "I can feel her smile, you know? That's why I approached her"