Chapter 39 - The Lost Souls

"So, we are best friends in your universe?" Nick asked with bafflement posted on his face, embedded in his tone of voice too.

"Yes! Cool huh?!" I elbowed him as we were having lunch together.

He didn't give me any response after that, taking his hot tea with lemon that smelled so good. That was because I already finished mine and lazy to order a new one.

I took Nick's advice in my universe, which was to talk to the Nick in here just in case I needed a moral and emotional help. I knew he wouldn't be as same as my Nick, who had been such a great friend and supporter all this while, but at least I had someone here. Being alone in a fight that had high tendency to lose would make it a thousand times harder.

My heart needed someone and that someone was my one true friend.

"I have heard about this before, soul travelling" He finally said something that wasn't even related to my topic earlier. I was talking about my friendship with him but he seemed like he was more interested in the supernatural part. "But I didn't think it was possible before"

"Until now?" I tried to complete his sentence.

"Yeah until now. Finally it's proven"

"Wait," I grasped his forearm. "Do you actually believe me?"

Nodding, he raised his eyebrows. "Why not?"

"Because it's ridiculous? How can you simply believe what I told you?"

"Because you are not the Lisa Isaac I know. There's no way you can fake kindness towards me, you've been bad all along" He looked at me after he placed the cup back on the table. "And because you told me about the evening walk I had in St. James's Park with my nephew" His eyes were shining a little that I couldn't tell if it was just a lighting effect or a thin layer of tear. "Nobody knows about the-"

"The very last walk with Norman," I cut his sentence off, remembering about my Nick's story about his beloved 4 year old nephew who died because of heart failure the next day.

He flashed a weak smile at me.

"I never told anyone about that," He continued. "But if the Nick in your universe told you about his nephew, then you must be very important to him"

"I really hope so," I replied his smile with good amount of seconds. "Because I love him so much"

Baxter looked away as he appeared to be in a hard time to process everything that was told. But I was glad that he was willing to listen, at least, since I didn't really expect him to believe me. Having him willed to understand and spend his time to hear this kind of nonsense was already something to be thankful of.

"You have my number, right?" He asked shortly.

"Yeah I should have it"

I didn't even need to check in the Lisa's phone because I had his number recorded in my brain.

"Just call me if you need anything, Isaac"

"Lisa" I corrected him immediately. "I know it sounds weird to you but just call me Lisa"

"Okay," He gave me a proper smile this time. "Just give me a call anytime, Lisa"

The lunch with Baxter went well as I supposed to expect. Making him believed in stuffs I planned to tell him was one of my worries for today's visit in Chae's universe. One was down and it was Chae's turn next.

I texted her if she would love to spend a night at my place after work and have dinner together. I even volunteered to do some groceries so we could do the cooking, just like me and my Chae used to do back then. It was a relief that she said yes to me since she didn't have to work on the next day, it would be her day off.