Chapter 49 - The Encounter II

It was still raining when I left Nick's apartment. But the rain wasn't like the normal 'grumpy London' that was well known for. That time it was heavy, packed with blows of hard wind, thunder and lightning. Yet I couldn't care enough to put myself under shelter as I continued my walk, taking quiet alleys for shortcuts towards my apartment.

I guessed even the rain couldn't wash away the tears I had on my face while my fingers clenching into fists, and I held the same agony and frustration I used to feel when I lost Chae. It was because I just lost someone I loved so much, again.

The thunder noise didn't get as much attention as the ringing of my cell phone that barged into my eardrums. So I took it out, eyes widened when I recognised the number that was trying to reach me.

Pressing the device against my ear, I answered the call straight away. "Baby?!"

"Ohh darling, thank God!" She exclaimed through the phone. "My love, are you alright?!"

She sounded dithery like she could feel what my heart was tortured with at the time.

"Yeah I'm fine. Are you?! Is everything fine there?!"

"I'm good here, Lisa. You didn't reply to any of my messages, I was so worried!"

"I'm so sorry," I sighed, getting the slight relief when I heard her since I was so panic when she suddenly called me. "I'm on my way back. I'll be there in a couple of minutes, alright?" I continued while my eyes were checking the time around my wrist.

"Please be careful, Lisa. I love you"

"I love you too, Chae..."

I ended the call when I didn't hear her voice anymore, shoving it back into my pocket and I quickened my walk.

My brain was cramped with stuffs that happened to me ever since I crossed over to the other dimension. I was thinking about my experience in hell and being pulled out from there, and of course about things that happened to my Nick right before my eyes. I started to get major headache for not sleeping for 2 nights there in the universe I travelled to, because I didn't want the same thing to happen again; the culprit Lisa took over the body when I accidentally fell asleep with Chae on our date night. Having to think about the confusion, the truth about my best friend and the disbelief with such brain condition? It certainly wasn't good at all.

But another noise caught my attention as the lampposts flickered and exploded seconds later, one at a time. I didn't even blink an eye to be scared or anxious like the first time it happened to me, continuing my walk in the rain and pretending everything was normal since I already knew who it was.

I just went to hell, killed a freaking demon with my bare hands and returned to the world in a pain of having my skin burned, alive. What else in the world could inject my blood stream with fear at that point? There was none.

"Detective"

A bold voice came from behind that was accompanied by a small laugh. Disgusting. Walking, I ignored him for good with my head down.

"Do you hear those thunders, Lisa?"

He spoke again, which met another silence from me.

"That's what the cries in heaven sound like" He laughed, sending heartache into my chest just by listening to him. "The heaven is weeping for Michael's death"

"Shut up!" My throat pressed with a yell, turning my body to the back and saw his human form standing about few steps away from me. "Or I will kill you!"

My eyes narrowed, frowning as my fists were already out from the pockets and feeling the veins popped out from under my skin. The wrath in me was waiting for its time to erupt and by looking at Lucifer just cut the remaining seconds even shorter.