Chapter 13 - The Reports

"Isaac!"

Baxter's whisper greeted me as soon as I entered the police station, eyes looking at the direction of the voice. So I walked towards the man in hurry when I spotted him; standing by a door to our meeting room as his head poking out.

Since my house had been locked up as a crime scene, I went to The Kim's place earlier to shower and also for a breakfast they forced me to have. I got my favourite dark brown leather jacket on that was available in my luggage, and a white oversized t-shirt for inner wear that belonged to my girlfriend.

I didn't even know how to explain my feelings at the moment. I was heartbroken. I was in pain. But I was angry at the same time. I was frustrated. I was curious. And I was so determined to know everything.

I wanted to know every single detail of what had happened to my Chae Richards.

I could see Nick arranging 3 different files on the table when I entered the room. Sighing, I stood right next to him while my eyes were focusing on what was typed on those papers.

"Your place-" He uttered, pushing one file against the table for me to look at.

My fingers grasped those papers immediately, starting to read official reports based on the investigation and assessment conducted by the MIT in my apartment unit.

"The door was locked from the inside before we broke in," Nick briefed while my eyes were looking at the images taken; the door grill, the knob. Everything was photographed accordingly. "No sign of force entry"

I didn't comment on anything yet, maintaining the focus on the other pictures.

"We found £200 in this drawer" He continued, pointing his finger on the exact picture I was staring at.

That was the amount I placed before I left. Chae didn't even get to buy dinner.

Was she hungry?

She was hungry when she-?

I brushed off my emotions that were trying to distract me from searching for clues, clearing my throat as if it could help me focused while tears building up in my eyes.

"I looked for any sign of robbery but couldn't find any"

It was Baxter's voice that dragged me back on track.

I closed the file when the rest of the pictures of my house didn't have any suspicion that I could catch, hand reaching for the next file but I was stopped by Nick.

"Lisa," He called and I brought my eyes to him. "These are pictures of Chae" He tried to warn me about what I'd see if I opened the file. "You don't have to-"

"I have to" I cut off his sentence, buying myself some time before I could actually look at those images.

I knew they were all graphic. That was how it had always been, and that was how my job had always been. But this one, it had no exception as well.

Opening the file, I began to assess every picture that was taken to document how Chae body was found.

"We still need to wait for post mortem results," Baxter stated. "But these are the physical examinations done by M.E at the crime scene"

Head trauma; wounded scalp, severe bleeding. Appeared to be caused by the fall.

My eyes were trailing letter by letter, reading the report intently since I wasn't actually looking at Chae's pictures.

I just couldn't.

Nick grabbed the last file, taking it closer to me as he placed it next to the file I was looking at.