Chapter 25 - The Soul Buyer

"So, how to start the ritual?" Baxter asked one of the questions I wanted to know since he was probably getting anxious already.

The longer we waited the more we got nervous.

Draco Krauss straightened his body, looking like he was about to demonstrate it to us. Even the word demonstrate fit together with whatever I was doing at the moment.

"First and foremost, Lisa must be ready to do it" He looked at me, getting a nod in return. "Second, she must summon the demon, open the door for him" Draco continued. "Once he's here, you must say what you want in your heart, because he hears your soul better than any psychic could" He focused on me with his eyes. "Third, when he agrees with the deal, I will close the door back. That's it"

"That's it?"

"Yes, as simple as that"

The next time this Draco guy used that simple sentence, I would shove the candle in his mouth.

I took my cell phone out from my pocket, placing it on the floor in front of me since I was getting uncomfortable by it, poking inside my pants.

"Alright, but how to summon this demon?" I asked. "Do I need to recite anything?"

"You would only need to recite something if you already know which demon you want. I also have their names in my list"

"They have names?!"

"Of course, with a different sets of power too. Like a demon named Andras can help you if you're looking for revenge. Belial can help you with your career"

"So, which one I would need to summon?"

Draco chuckled.

"From the list?" He asked back with a tease. "None"

"What?" I pressed my eyes together.

"The kind of demons you need aren't in the list"

"Why not?"

"Because they are not cheap demons that you can just call and demand them to come to you, Lisa" Draco smirked. "They are so full of arrogance since they know they are more powerful than the others"

I sighed.

"How to get his attention then? Since I can't just call him"

"Hmm, that's the hardest part" He answered. "Because they only answer to fears, which you don't have" Draco massage his temples, probably having the tense in working with someone like me. "Calling him is a thing, but to attract him to buy your soul is another thing"

"What?" I started to complain. "Why can't they just buy it?"

"It's the same like selling a car, your soul is the car" He answered. "If your car is in a good condition, you might attract a buyer"

"Is that mean-" Nick interrupted. "This ritual will only work if the demon itself chooses Lisa?"

"Absolutely!" Draco exclaimed. "The demon has to choose you, not you choose the demon. Do you understand that, Lisa?"

I nodded.

"But how to attract him though? Lap dance?"

Nick looked at me in surprise as his head turned abruptly, and I could tell how shocked he was for hearing that suggestion coming from my mouth.

"Your lap dance will only attract Detective Baxter, Lisa" Draco laughed a little, making Nick's cheeks turned reddish.

"That's just-" The red haired man looked like he denied the claim, shaking his head.