Chapter 1 - The Beginning

"Chae Madeleine Richards!"

The morning could be harsh cold, creating a thin layer of fog on the window panes as how I imagined them to be, but even that had no intention to defeat the coldness of a voice I just heard.

It roamed like a lost animal, lurking under the dark sky without a noise except for the lonely screams of cicadas left behind. The screeching of owls might wake those tiny hair on your neck but even that was meant to be the beauty among brown poles. There was no beauty in that voice; only four times strength that knew no mercy by its nature, hungry for the taste of flesh.

As you were kept behind tons of bricks and wooden doors, your eyes remained shut and your mind drove away in the sleepiness you were opposed to embrace, trusting that you were safe. While those four bones already made their ways to you, staining your floor with the wetness that came in between sharp teeth that belonged to no man, you were no less of a clueless soul rested on a comfy mattress, having no idea about what was approaching in silence.

Until your eyelids were opened when you heard a slow, yet penetrating growl that sounded so near, you saw those angry red gums right in front of your eyes. Then you just knew it was the end for a human like you, like me, who had a wolf that lived under the same roof, waiting to rip a head off your body in no meal time.

Holding an internal scream that begged to be lashed out, I only managed to keep it under my throat. "Yes?"

"Open the goddamn door!"

That voice pounded against my chest again, coming with blows of fist that did the same thing to my bedroom door. Those noises that had been occupying my nights in a form of sanguine amusement, dragged my legs towards the only protection I owned from the waiting wolf.

I was pushed right after I pulled the knob, revealing a man who felt like winter; lasted for not only months but the whole year instead. Frigorific.

"What took you so long?!"

"I was sleeping-"

"Do you know what time is it?!"

Those screams were never enough to bring judgement to my face, so the wolf decided to use its claws.

I couldn't afford to buy the time even for myself when tears just invaded the little space in my eyes. Having my hair wrapped in between his fingers; pulled and abused by a man's strength that was forced on someone who wasn't able to hold it, brought cries in my voice that had no place in his heart. Shameless.

"What day is today, Chae?" He hissed, yanking my head closer to his face as my hands were trying to loosen the painful grip he put on me.

"S-Sunday"

"Louder!"

"It's Sunday" I repeated myself for him, eyes pushing out tears.

He chuckled a little and continued to express his disappointment.