Chapter 25 - The Confessions

"We are here!" Lisa said when she put the motorbike to a complete stop. "Little Venice, my lady."

I smiled to that joke about her being my personal rider for tonight.

Lisa asked me earlier during dinner if there were places in London that I didn't get to visit. Because as a local, I couldn't actually enjoy living in one of the best cities in the world. My time was mostly spent on work, and I struggled for a living, which technically made tourists more familiar to places around compared to me. So I told her about Little Venice; a peaceful canal area in Paddington that was popular for boat rides and beautiful scenery, because this was one of those places I never been to, yet.

She got off from the motorcycle with a sudden move, which took me by surprise since I was still on the seat.

"Don't move" She smiled as she set the bike on its centre stand first, took off her helmet after and did the same to mine. "There is no empty bench there, so please stay on the bike."

"But you are standing?"

Her smile grew when our eyes greeted each other again.

"I'll be fine."

I took seconds to stare at her beauty before I mentioned something that popped up in my mind whenever I thought about Little Venice.

"I thought we could have a stroll around here," I said. "It must be nice to feel the breeze."

"I would love to take you for a walk along the canal, Chae" She mumbled as she rested her arm on the bike handle. "But it's already nine-thirty, I don't think that would be safe for you."

"Of course" I chuckled, hands fixing my hair. "I just want to look at the view."

"Do you mean the lights?" She teased again, and it was so hard for me not to pinch her at this point. "You have to come here in the afternoon, the view would be fantastic."

"I don't doubt that"

"I used to walk here every Sunday, though"

"What happened?"

I pressed my palm on the leather seat, scooting and getting myself comfortable on it. Even though my heart fluttered for Lisa's concern about my safety at this hour, my interest was more on being the only one who sat on a motorcycle had gotten more awkward as time flew by.

She shrugged.

"Tourists? Maybe?" Lisa crossed her arms, straightening her posture. "You can walk along this canal, and it will take you straight to Camden Lock."

"Yeah, I heard about that"

"So... it's too crowded for me."

"Feeling like suffocating?"

Nodding, Lisa cleared her throat. "Running out of space too. Because people walk really close to me."

I sighed, thinking about how hard it was for a person like her who came to one of the busiest markets in Central London for at least 3 times per week and survive the hectic crowd. What kept her strong? I wasn't convinced that it was the Yakisoba I cooked for her.

"Maybe we can walk tonight?" I tried again because of the sudden pity I had for her. She must have been missing her Sunday routine, I guessed by the way she talked about it. "I'm sure it would be almost empty now."

But Lisa took a step forward, shaking her head and giggling a little.

"No, no, I won't take the risk" Her movement made me nervous all of a sudden, heart beating fast as my gaze fixed at hers. "By the way..." She paused. "I need to clear a few things up with you."