Chapter 18 - The God She Loves

I heard his breath through the phone, almost as heavy as my heartbeat at the moment, waiting for his answer.

"There isn't any, Lisa"

"Ohh, thank God!" I exclaimed instantly, pinching my two eyelids together with my fingers.

"Chae is clean"

I sighed in relief, leaning my back against somebody's fence when a huge weight was lifted up from my whole body.

Everything that had happened to me since I lost Chae was just unbearable. I was in a pain deep pain, deep regrets. There were so many times when I just wanted end my life, even seconds earlier when I was anxious to find out if Chae was sexually assaulted in any way before the fall.

But I couldn't deny that even in these torturing events that were played by their own sequences, there were still parts of them that I could call good news.

No vaginal trauma and 'is clean' were the good news.

Chae wasn't only free from sexual assault but she was also white listed from drugs or any kind of poison that could possibly weaken her first.

"Thank you, Nick" I muttered while trying to steady my breath since we already got the post mortem results. I had so many questions to ask in reference to what clues they found on Chae's body and I didn't want to be interrupted by my own sobs and tears.

I had to separate my personal and emotional attachment towards Chae Richards so that I could work on her case just like how I worked on my previous ones.

"But, Lisa?"

Baxter's voice seeked for my attention.

"Yeah?"

"You were right. Chae wasn't alone"

"What do you mean?!"

"We got signs of struggle on Chae. Someone attacked her in there, Lisa"

I inhaled my anger when the post mortem results just proved that Chae had injuries that weren't caused by a fall from a 10 floor height apartment.

"Did they get any DNA of him?!"

"Negative, no blood, not even a single hair"

I cursed in silence. Well, apart of those good news I received, there were still bad ones that made things intolerable to the flow of this case.

"How is that even possible?!"

"That's an interesting question, Isaac, because I can't even think anymore looking at these pictures"

I heard the same tone in Baxter's voice again when I first answered the call earlier.

"Nick, what's wrong?"

"Where are you? I need to show you these stuffs"

"I'm in Paddington. Can you come to our usual?"

"Sure, I will be there in an hour"

"But how can you get the post mortem file out from the station?"

"I'll just take pictures of it"

"Baxter, that's a criminal offence" I warned him when his suggestion worried me a little. "You know what would happen if they see you"

"But you really need to see this, Lisa"

I sighed.

"Then you better not get caught"