Chapter 42 - The Soul Travellers

Chae's tears wet her skin as she stood at the same spot, looking at someone she deciding whether she could trust or not when everything just seemed, unbelievable.

Her lips had a slight tremble, probably holding the urge to cry. Even her arm couldn't bear the weight of her handbag as her hands fell to the side of her body, forcing that accessory to get involved in a free-fall on the floor. Her breathing looked like it was so painful to be done as if there was a force that weighed down her chest, letting me know how shocking and overbearing this situation was for her to take in.

So I knew better that I shouldn't rush her.

"Hey?" I gave her an assuring smile, continuing my footsteps slowly to approach her. "That's alright, baby"

Chae blinked her eyes for multiple times, giving me a good sign that she was doing some deliberation. She wasn't struggling to write on one of the blank pages of her thoughts but she was actually trying to erase a full page of mind torture so that she could write more stuffs on it.

Also, it would be much easier to try to explain stuffs to someone who still had her brain working compared to the one who was in a total shock, unable to think anything at all.

Her breath became audible when I was standing near enough; an arm reached distance from Chae, and more tears escaped my eyes when I saw hers up close. She was really in a kind of sadness that reddened her eyes and nose, giving my heart at least half of the pain for seeing the agony she was enduring right before my eyes.

She didn't deserve those tears.

A beautiful soul like hers didn't deserve to cry out of pain.

Chae curled her lips in, looking like she was about to say something but she couldn't, or just hesitated to. Her eyes softened as she kept looking at me and I knew that she was just like me back then when I came back from Glasgow; in a denial state. I knew for good that her inner self had always been telling her about me, that I was her Lisa. I knew that she had been thinking about the possibility of me being her Lisa. She just didn't want to accept or admit those chances she might have in this whole ridiculous process because of what she said earlier; this place is deceitful. And she was just being careful on that.

But she might have forgotten who she really was. She might have went off course from the church girl I knew before. She might have neglected the fact that when God, angels and demons were put together, nothing was impossible, I guessed?

And the proof for that was literally standing right in front of me.

I knew she lowkey believed that I was indeed her Lisa because she gave me the same treatment, the same trust. That was how I found out.

The only step left was to get her out from the denial bubble she was living in, and I wished it wouldn't be that hard for me to perform since she was my Chae anyway. I should know how to get inside her mind. I should know how to handle her. I should know how to treat my girlfriend.

"Lisa?" She finally let her voice out even though it was shaky.

I reached for her hands, clutching to them only by the tip of her fingers as I was still being careful with her emotions.

"Hey, baby..." I smiled even more when I felt she tightened the grip I put on her.

"Lisa..."

A sob gushed out when my name slipped off her lips. Her eyes were squeezed shut and I pulled her in with no hesitation, securing her with my arms as she burst into tears.

"That's alright, baby" My hand stroked her back a little harder, hoping that it could brush off the heaviness in her chest that I wanted to be gone forever. I didn't want her to cry because of me again. I just wanted her to be happy. I just wanted her to be my bubbly, cheerful Chae Richards who I had promised to myself to give all the happiness in the world to. "I'm here now, didn't I?" I turned my head slighly, kissing the side of her head. "I love you so much, baby. Please don't cry"